Aid for non US citizen

State and local government assistance programs.
MandyMo
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Aid for non US citizen

Post by MandyMo »

I am a non us citizen who was brought by my parents at the age of 6 to the United States. I moved from California because I wasn't making ends meet and I could not afford housing and school and even anything else for that matter. I am now going to Linn Benton community college (LBCC) and was actually for once able to afford paying a quarter last quarter.
I was Nanning for a family paid under the table but recently got laid off. I am living at a place and not paying for any rent because I have put a lot of labor work into the house. I can't afford to put any more labor work though because I have phase 1 of degenerative spine disease. I don't have any medical insurance, I barely have any money for food, and I certainly don't have enough money for school. If I want to find a nanny job it needs to be walking distance to my house because I don't have enough money to pay for gas.
I found out that you guys or there is a program that helps with gas vouchers, but not sure if that would help non us citizens like myself. But I'm on a bind and I'm only 22 and I really want to go to school and transfer to OSU. I'm in debt right now to OSU at around 3000 dollars, the money is going to collection agency but I'm unable to pay for it. My family doesn't have any money and I’m pretty much on my own.
I don't qualify for grants, loans, or financial aid being a non-citizen. All I want to do is to do well in school and find a job and make ends meet but I am not able to do it. I need help and not sure who to talk to or what to do. I feel my future going nowhere. I feel like I'll never go to school and get a job. I'm in a debt to a school (for campus) that I really want to transfer too. And I’m unable to pay this quarter's 2000 dollars.
I have already applied to every scholarship available to non us citizens-- haven't received a single one. Is there someone else out there like me? I'm only 22 years old and feel desperately alone not sure where to go or what to do, and I hate having to ask for help because I’m not being self sufficient. Thank you so much looking forward to a reply!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Aid for non US citizen

Post by Admin »

Sometimes a church will help a non-US citizen. Some are so called sanctuary's. Especially in California you are likely to find more of these available. But they may have gasoline vouchers....it would not be unheard of. Or maybe they can put you in touch with other immigrants from your community so you are not so alone. But ask a nearby parish for support, and locate church assistance programs.
MandyMo wrote:I am a non us citizen who was brought by my parents at the age of 6 to the United States. I moved from California because I wasn't making ends meet and I could not afford housing and school and even anything else for that matter.
I found out that you guys or there is a program that helps with gas vouchers, but not sure if that would help non us citizens like myself. But I'm on a bind and I'm only 22 and I really want to go to school and transfer to OSU. I'm in debt right now to OSU at around 3000 dollars, the money is going to collection agency but I'm unable to pay for it. My family doesn't have any money and I’m pretty much on my own.
I don't qualify for grants, loans, or financial aid being a non-citizen. All I want to do is to do well in school and find a job and make ends meet but I am not able to do it.
Girl34

Re: Aid for non US citizen

Post by Girl34 »

Hello, my name is Shiela Corson and I was wondering what your stipulations are for housing for young adults who are not US citizens.
He who got kicked out of their homes and can’t afford an apartment or even renting anything. I have one dog her name is Aspen. She’s about 50 pounds and she’s the most loving thing in the whole wide world. I was wondering what you would be able to do for me or how this program works for non-US citizens so I can get a place to live as soon as possible. I would like it to be around Waterville/ Augusta if possible Thank you. I hope to hear back from you.