Need Help with Rent

Find how to get help with rent
lizyvazquez
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need Help with Rent

Post by lizyvazquez »

I'm a single mom and live with my 2 little kids and need help paying my "August" rent. I also, have all my bills past due and on top of that I have back to school "stress". I'm trying to get back in track on my bills after I separated my kids father, but haven't been able to. I need help ASAP.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need Help with Rent

Post by Admin »

What city, county? Go back to the main site needhelppayingbills.com and look at the left margin for rent assistance programs. If you provide more info on can post information on more programs in your immediate area. But I can't provide that info with such a generic post as this one.
lizyvazquez wrote:I'm a single mom and live with my 2 little kids and need help paying my "August" rent. I also, have all my bills past due and on top of that I have back to school "stress". I'm trying to get back in track on my bills after I separated my kids father, but haven't been able to. I need help ASAP.
Futy

Post by Futy »

Since this is quite a long story will try and make it quick. Last year we found this perfect house to rent. Was not expensive which is a rarity around here. They said house was old and needed work..ok didnt mind the unpainted walls and no doors anywhere except bathroom. Came time for heat and the propane company tested and found the heater had faulty valve. So the landlord was supposed to fix. Two months later nothing. So we had to buy electric heaters to heat with. Electric soared and we just cannot afford to pay it-had community action pay all they could but now again up for disconnect!! To make matters worse, there is a major problem with the plumbing-had to replace septic tank and didn't bury it far enough, pipes froze, constant water in basement. And sink needs fixing. Then the electric sockets dont all work and have to run cords all over. Then we find out the house is not up to code and its an illegal rental! So all the money we paid for rent he isn't entitled to!!! Even the town inspector told us to get out and sue him after. Easier said than done. I just had surgery this past March 2012 trying to heal so i can go back to work-my room mate is working but just cant make enough and still save to move, my daughter also works but is saving for braces. Although community action can help with deposit it isn't enough when all the rents are over 1,000 and they can only help with 700. And running out of time...need to keep electric on...still gets below 40 at night, and need fridge ... All I need is to pay half the disconnect amount-which is about 970.00 then all i need to do is payment arrangement the rest! But no one has that...please!!!! deadline is 5/31!!!!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, if community action can help with anything you should be grateful, as most agencies and non-profits do not have any funding at all. Maybe ask your community action agency about weatherization for some of those electrical issues and improvements that are needed to your home. Also if the inspector agrees with you, then you may have a case. We have information on free legal aid in Texas, weatherization, and many other programs. Read more on all these and other financial assistance programs. Some will focus on people who just had surgery too, which sounds like you just did.
MarcLev

Post by MarcLev »

Hello,
I work for State Representative Mike Baxter and I have someone who could use your help, but they do not have internet access. Are there any programs that provide assistance for paying some car repair bills for low income disabled persons in Texas?
Do you have a phone number you could give me for them to contact you.
Thank you for your help.
Handy1

Post by Handy1 »

I have a friend who lives in Coventry Washington. She has just been served eviction papers and must vacate by the end of the month. She is on a very limited income, $700.00 per month and is 52 years old (she will be 53 as of 8/1/13). She has no transportation, no possessions other than clothes, and needs to find a room with utilities included for $400.00 a month. Every place she has called for help has advised her there are no funds available. She is having difficulty finding a room with her limited income. She has no email so I am writing on her behalf, although I live in Florida, I am trying to get her some help. Please contact me, and I will relay any information/help you may have to her.
Freede

Post by Freede »

GOOD MORNING

I AM SENDING THIS LETTER BECAUSE I AM DESPERATELY TRYING TO ASSIST AN ELDERLY, BUT SICKLY GENTLEMAN IN THE NORTHEAST REGION OF DC. HE IS SEEKING RENTAL ASSISTANCE IN THE AMOUNT OF $372, AND HE IS NOT ABLE TO WORK DUE TO CANCER. HE WAS GRANTED ERAP FUNDS ABOUT 10 MONTHS. AGO, SO HE DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR THESE TYPE OF FUNDS UNTIL HE HAS BEEN IN FOR AT LEAST A YEAR. SO I AM TRYING TO FIND HIM SOME OTHER TYPE OF FUNDING THAT IS NOT BACKED BY ERAP, I.E, PRIVATE FUNDING OR SOME OTHER TYPE OF FUNDS. PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA EMAIL WITH A RESPONSE OR YOU CAN CONTACT HIM. THIS GENTLEMAN HAS A COURT DATE APPROACHING IN A FEW DAYS SO HE REALLY NEEDS SOME ASSISTANCE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I GREATLY APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT AND ATTENTION IN THIS MATTER AND I WILL BE LOOKING FOR YOUR EMAIL AS THE DAYS GO BY.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH,
Newport

Post by Newport »

I've moved twice this past year due to issues with the homes I was in. I recently moved to what I hope to be my final move for a while. I am in need of rental assistance because my last apartment flooded out and I pretty much lost everything from damages. I had to take off quite a bit of work (unpaid days) to look for a safer unit, withdraw kids from school and register them to a new district once I did get an apartment. Now that I am in the apartment I am truly financially behind due to the cost of moving and being off of work. So I know that I will not be able to handle the June rent on my own. I really don’t have anyone else to help me in this matter. If I could receive this one time help that would be greatly appreciated because I don’t have the funds to attempt to move again.
CCuomo

Post by CCuomo »

Need help with back rent before being evicted. Reason behind is due to I had two surgeries and with being in the hospital and then home to recover, everything piled up, then my car I had broke down and had to get a different one so I could continue to get to my job(s). Both jobs are part time right now. I also am a single mother and my daughter has ADHD and she has medical issues herself due to 4 car accidents, mild head trauma and stomach and back.
Flipit

Post by Flipit »

Need $700 for rent for my two sons and I. My fiancé was taken to jail this morning and I didn’t work, only him. I took care of the boys. Desperately need one time assistance on my rent for August so I can focus my time looking for a job instead of finding a shelter & storage. Please help me. I know there has to be someone out there that has a heart for someone in my shoes.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have some non ERAP agencies he can try. Really $372 is not a ton of money, so hopefully one or more charities in the DC area can meet that need. Also, he should apply the disability check to his housing as well. Or at least be willing to tell an agency that and he should make an effort to pay the rent. He can also try an agency on aging center in DC for referrals. Locate Washington DC rental assistance agencies.
Freede wrote:GOOD MORNING

I AM SENDING THIS LETTER BECAUSE I AM DESPERATELY TRYING TO ASSIST AN ELDERLY, BUT SICKLY GENTLEMAN IN THE NORTHEAST REGION OF DC. HE IS SEEKING RENTAL ASSISTANCE IN THE AMOUNT OF $372, AND HE IS NOT ABLE TO WORK DUE TO CANCER.
Sneezer

Post by Sneezer »

I leave in Adelanto CA and I am being evicted from my apartment because I'm behind on my rent. I lost my job last year in June and haven't had work since and now I need anything to help me and my 3 small children. My sister been with me too help and it’s still not enough.
I need $1720 to keep my place. I tried every resource I can find and no one would help. If you guys can help me and my kids I would appreciate it.
Thank You.