Rehabilitation and rehab programs for indigent

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Lebron
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Rehabilitation and rehab programs for indigent

Post by Lebron »

While I find this to be a difficult way to explain my situation I do so in hopes that there folks out there who may have been through similar circumstances and understand the needs I face. All info contained is substantiated with written documents and my words are honest, open, and as a private person difficult to share with strangers. But like many of the obstacles I faced over the last year or so I must find a means to an end. I am 62, single, male and grew up in New York, spent 30 years in California and have lived in Texas for 5 years. I am a local volunteer and give back. I have the feeling it brings to help others in need. We helped over 2000 people in Texas and Mexico and the non profit is great a offering Excellence in Public Service. While my financial needs are great, a boost of confidence and / or resources are just as welcome. This is an enormously difficult task to find oneself in with no income, doctors who want me off my feet as much as possible due to my cracked leg with the disease, and no insurance. It is an absolute shock that I am going through major surgery so soon after heart surgery. After being diagnosed last Saturday I spent this week on the phone calling as many groups, people and others as I could as well as consultations with my doctors. So far, I am now enrolled in an indigent (hate the word) care program at a hospital in San Antonio, that will cover my surgery but not doctors or prescriptions. There is a government agency here that will help with rehabilitation which is expected to take 6-12 months and I am awaiting their acceptance. I was told yesterday that a leg surgery itself can run up to $70,000 so I hope that is part of the indigent.
Terty

Re: Rehabilitation and rehab programs for indigent

Post by Terty »

I am homeless, disabled, indigent and elderly, since being kicked out of my mother's home in CA after caring for all her needs for 4 years, I moved to Hilton Head Island, SC. I have spent nearly 4 years here, having spent time in a motel while looking for a place to rent, rented a winter rental for 5 months, spending a month in a motel, looking for a rental. I finally was able to find a lease, a 1 bedroom on the ocean for a year then the landlord decided to turn it into a summer rental. I ended up in a motel again, finally finding a room in a home to rent sharing a home with a man who accosted me, lived in my car for several weeks and have been in a motel for the past 10 months that I can ill afford.
I am unable to see my doctors or take medications I need 1 costing $500 for a 10 day supply. I can't afford my rehabilitation programs. I am unable to afford my co-pays, and have been told by my gastro doctor I need to go into the hospital for testing as I have vomited blood, and have rectal bleeding. He has also told me I need to see an ENT doctor as he found a growth in my throat nearly 3 years ago, and has said by now it is probably cancer.
I am unable to afford any hospitalization/rehab despite the fact that I have a Medicare Advantage plan, as the monthly cost for the insurance, co-pays, and medications are impossible to afford. I need assistance for the indigent, and am looking for something in the form of a grant to assist me in the deposits, and monthly rental expenses.
Baby

Post by Baby »

I am looking for rehab assistance in the state of Wisconsin. I am currently on maternity leave and my partner was laid off at the beginning of the month and we are indigent. We live in Waukesha County of Wisconsin and are looking to have our complete rent paid for which is $750, the only issue we are having is that our rent and rehab debt is due on February 1st and we still haven't found a place that is able to help us immediately.
Jasmine Grey

Post by Jasmine Grey »

Hello. My name is Robin. I'm currently living in a sober living home doing a drug rehabilitation program in Weymouth Massachusetts. We were told last week that our house is shutting down and we need to move to a new sober living home but I have no money and am indigent. My insurance company will continue to pay for my programming but not for housing. I have found a place I'd like to go in a nearby town named Hull, MA. The rent there is $200 per week and even though I do not have a job as of yet.
It would not take me long as I have over 25 years in experience for customer service. I just need help for my first month which is 400 to move in and 200 a week after so I can pay for the rehab programs. I came to rehab indigent, with only the clothes on my back as I was not just escaping addiction but also domestic violence as well. I am blessed to be here alive and striving I do n9t like to ask for help very much but I'm humbly asking for help and would pay it forward when I get the chance. In AA we only get what we need by giving it away.
I humbly thank you for taking the time to read this
Robin