Rent assistance

Find how to get help with rent
northam1971
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rent assistance

Post by northam1971 »

Hello,

I was researching online for hardship assistance with my rent and utility bills and came across some information regarding rental help. This information stated something about a stimulus package for families facing eviction and I do fall into that catagory. I have tried to get help in my area of Portsmouth, VA and it's very limited. I've been told there ar eno more funds and to try back at the beginning of the month and when I do Im being told they don't have anymore funds. I know it's a tough time for so many others like myself but I wanted to see if someone could provide me with a phone number of who I can call in reference to this information with the stimulus package assistance if there is such a package or even provide me with any information of any agencies other than Social Services
helper

Re: Rent assistance

Post by helper »

What state or county do you live in?
Sheppard
anti spam: Blue

Post by Sheppard »

I live in Illinois and currently have not income after losing my job the end of April 2012, and because I have not income I do not qualify for most of the assistance that is offered. I left an abusive employer who has been fighting my unemployment. My savings is gone and those places I have talked with for help say that since I don't have an income, they are unable to help me. I have an adult son living with me who was born with heart problems and has applied for disability, but even DHS will not help him with money or a medical card to get the health care he needs. We are on the verge of being evicted because I don't have the money for August rent. What is a family supposed to do when they are not working, have not been able to get work, and have no family who can financially or due to space cannot take them in?
CarDon13

Post by CarDon13 »

I live in West Boca, Florida and have fallen behind on my rent. I have two kids going to school in Boca and might get evicted if I don’t pay my past 2 months rent. Work is slow right now and I can’t keep up with all my bills. I desperately need help. I moved from Massachusetts and don’t have any family in Florida, please help or direct me to a program that can help us, Thank you. God bless.
Homer

Post by Homer »

I'm a single mom of an 8 year old daughter. Never applied or received any government assistance before. I had to leave my job 2 months ago due to family issues and I have fallen behind on this and last months rent and electric bill totaling $1800. I do have a job lined up in October and landlord both gave me an extension on payment but time has run out and I could really use help to not have to leave our apartment or have electric turned off. Thank you so much for your consideration.
chuckMac99

Post by chuckMac99 »

Hi, I am writing to see if there was any way that I could get help paying my rent in Oregon. I am way past due and the job my fiance was working on for two months they didn’t pay him and now it has put us way behind and we already live pay check to pay check. We have to come up with $2000 by the end of this month or we have to move out were two months behind our landlord has been really nice letting us stay this long but now he is pushing the issue and my fiance is working now doing roofs. But he isn’t getting paid that much and we really would love to stay here cause we can get our kids and have them here instead of intruding someone else home. If you could please call me.
KellyEvans

Post by KellyEvans »

I am soon to become a single mother of two small children (6 and 3) one of whom is a Special Needs Child recently diagnosed with Autism (High Functioning) ADHD/OCD along with pre-existing health issues (G6PD). We have three and a half months in which to find a home. I JUST started my first job and am earning minimum wage. I would like to find a home as soon as is possible for me and my boys before the time deadline to move out.
McCann1

Post by McCann1 »

Due to our the company that is our main source of income being bought out we had to go three weeks with no income. We have fallen 2 weeks behind on our rent and now our landlord is demanding the rent owed as well as a months rent in advance or he will be forced to evict us. We have no where else to go. I have 4 children. One of my children is legally deaf and another is Autistic. I have tried personally selling items to raise money but am not having luck and the landlord told us time is running out.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Me and my boyfriend live in an apartment with his cousin. I got laid off a job through a temp agency and they haven’t found me another job and my boyfriend hasn’t been able to find a job and his cousin cant find a job. Our rent is 300 a month and we pay electric which is running around 100-140 a month. Were having trouble keeping up with everything. I wanted to see if there was any kind of assistance we can get, with the rent that is due first.
JoBruce

Post by JoBruce »

HELLO, I'M A SINGLE MOM. I AM REALLY IN DESPERATE NEEDS OF HELP. I'M A MOTHER OF TWO CHILDREN. I WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT WHICH I WAS ON MY WAY TO WORK AND THE CAR ACCIDENT CAUSE ME TOO BE OUT OF WORK. NOW I'M FACING EVICTION. NOW I REALLY JUST NEED YOUR HELP. I'M TRYING TO SAVE MY HOME FOR MY TWO CHILDREN. I'M ACTIVELY LOOKING FOR WORK. PLEASE, CAN YOU HELP? YOU CAN CALL ME.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That rent of $300/month is not excessive. That shows you are trying to live within your means. So maybe a charity or other agency can assist you. Call them for funds. Also be sure to try more temp agencies, as maybe another will have a job opening for you. Here are some resources to try, and find how to get rent help.
Sparks wrote:I got laid off a job through a temp agency and they haven’t found me another job and my boyfriend hasn’t been able to find a job and his cousin cant find a job. Our rent is 300 a month and we pay electric which is running around 100-140 a month.