The community action agency in New Mexico limits resources

State and local government assistance programs.
Barrack
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

The community action agency in New Mexico limits resources

Post by Barrack »

I gave all of my information over the phone prior to Christmas for the homeless prevention program. Was told I needed an eviction notice. When it was received, I called back and they were not taking any further applications. I have court September 3, 2014. Any assistance I can get is appreciated. I do not have a history of using community agency assistance. I have been working for the past 25 years and in that 25 years never took any type of assistance. I always gave assistance. I am in need now and it seems as though there is no help.
Lucent

Re: The community action agency in New Mexico limits resources

Post by Lucent »

I am moving to New Mexico in March. I’m currently on section 8 here in PA as well as CAP for assistance in paying my utilities. I never knew a program existed for water bills. When I move I’m definitely going to need help with both my electric and my water bill.
I’m wondering if you can help me by telling me who to contact. Is there CAP in New Mexico? I will be in Leesburg which is in Lake County. I appreciate all the help I can get as its not easy being a 37 year old disabled woman living on social security. Please help me find the community action agency if you can. God bless you for all you do. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: The community action agency in New Mexico limits resources

Post by Admin »

Yes, there are CAPs (community action agencies) in New Mexico to try. In fact dozens of them are available in different offices. But in the rural communities you may need to drive, as NM is so widely spread out. But find the community action agencies in New Mexico to call upon.
Lucent wrote:I am moving to New Mexico in March. I’m currently on section 8 here in PA as well as CAP for assistance in paying my utilities. I never knew a program existed for water bills. When I move I’m definitely going to need help with both my electric and my water bill.
I’m wondering if you can help me by telling me who to contact. Is there CAP in New Mexico?