Apply for rent help

Find how to get help with rent
a123
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Apply for rent help

Post by a123 »

Hi my name is Hertzfeld and i was wondering how i could apply for rent assistants. My fiance and i are getting kicked out of his mothers and step fathers home and have no place to go and no jobs. We need some help paying for rent and security deposit. We both are going to school full time right now so trying to improve ourselves. We both live in MI, thanks again!
cboston

Re: Apply for rent help

Post by cboston »

My greatest advice to you, is to allow your finance to NOT live with you before marriage, become employed and financially capable to handle the responsiblities of marriage and family.
God Bless you!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

In addition to that advice, where do you live...state, county? there may be housing programs in your area. Until then, try the local catholic charities, Salvation Army, or community action agency.
a123 wrote:Hi my name is Hertzfeld and i was wondering how i could apply for rent assistants. My fiance and i are getting kicked out of his mothers and step fathers home and have no place to go and no jobs. We need some help paying for rent and security deposit. We both are going to school full time right now so trying to improve ourselves. We both live in MI, thanks again!
f12

Two months behind on rent

Post by f12 »

Hi

I recently was informed by my landlord that I am behind on my rent. I mailed the check back in May, but it apparently never made it there and they just informed with an eviction notice that I was late. I called to tell them they were wrong because I had my duplicate check copies, only to find out that it never cleared the bank and they were correct. So now for 3 months I have been shown as late on my rent and a month behind. I don't know how I didn't notice it not clearing from my account other than I just thought I was managing my money better than usual and so I bought a few more groceries and paid my car payment, which was behind at the time. I recently found out that I'm pregnant (3 months & unexpected) and my husband is under dr's care and cannot work!! (I have dr.'s note if needed). Its been very hard lately, but there is NO WAY that I can pay 2 months rent in one month to get caught up. I'm 41 years old with 2 kids at home. I work for every penny I get and do not ask for handouts, but I am at my wits end on this and have thought through everything. Do you know of a local agency or somewhere in the Carthage/Joplin, MO area that may be able to help me this one time!!??? I am desperate to get this resolved so I do not get evicted and I'm afraid it ruining my "not so good" credit even more.

Sincerely
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Two months behind on rent

Post by Admin »

Try these places for help with rent and utility bills. Economic Security Corp (ESC's) annual Summer Rent as well as Electric Crisis Program and also the Empire District Electric Company also offers grants and aid.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
Limited funding is available, so call them early, and often.
f12 wrote:Hi

I recently was informed by my landlord that I am behind on my rent. I mailed the check back in May, but it apparently never made it there and they just informed with an eviction notice that I was late. I called to tell them they were wrong because I had my duplicate check copies, only to find out that it never cleared the bank and they were correct. So now for 3 months I have been shown as late on my rent and a month behind. I don't know how I didn't notice it not clearing from my account other than I just thought I was managing my money better than usual and so I bought a few more groceries and paid my car payment, which was behind at the time. I recently found out that I'm pregnant (3 months & unexpected) and my husband is under dr's care and cannot work!! (I have dr.'s note if needed). Its been very hard lately, but there is NO WAY that I can pay 2 months rent in one month to get caught up. I'm 41 years old with 2 kids at home. I work for every penny I get and do not ask for handouts, but I am at my wits end on this and have thought through everything. Do you know of a local agency or somewhere in the Carthage/Joplin, MO area that may be able to help me this one time!!??? I am desperate to get this resolved so I do not get evicted and I'm afraid it ruining my "not so good" credit even more.

Sincerely
a123

Apply for first months rent help

Post by a123 »

My daugther is in need of help with a first month rent and security deposit but works at timpkin steel mill and don't know if she could get any help she is leaving her husband and can pay deposit wants to know if she can get help . I work for Jefferson County Emergency Services and aara or fema could hel[p but she isn't in our county she wants to be closer to work. let me know if it would benifit her to put an applications in for a rent type program, or if you do not think it would help.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Apply for first months rent help

Post by Admin »

Is it Jefferson County New York or Alabama? If New York, here is a reference for programs there. The The Community Action Planning Council of Jefferson County Inc. is one agency to try. They run a rental assistance and housing program that is known as Helping Eradicate All Roads to Homelessness, or HEARTH, and this can provide some emergency help for you and your daughter. There are usually women's charities and agencies for people who leave husband, etc.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_pr.html
a123 wrote:My daugther is in need of help with a first month rent and security deposit but works at timpkin steel mill and don't know if she could get any help she is leaving her husband and can pay deposit wants to know if she can get help . I work for Jefferson County Emergency Services and aara or fema could hel[p but she isn't in our county she wants to be closer to work. let me know if it would benifit her to put an applications in for a rent type program, or if you do not think it would help.
David19

Post by David19 »

My husband and I have been separated for a few months now and his sister in law as well as himself has been attempting to get me down and out. I live within our martial home and he lives with his brother. However, I am in need to get away from all the threats and stalking due to my health as well as the safety of my little girl. I found an apartment and need help with the deposit and first months rent as well as to get the utilities cut on. After that I should do fine with the following months that follow as I wait on section 8 to get back to me etc. Is there an organization out there to help me just with this months utilities, deposit and rent? I live in Bristol, Tennessee but am relocating in Kingsport, Tennessee.
OAlex

Post by OAlex »

My name is Oral Allen and I live in South Florida area. I need $850 for my rent. I am temporarily unemployed and awaiting a phone call from the people who interviewing me for prospective jobs. My email address is OAlex0061@yahoo.com please I need your help soon
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Information on programs in Kingsport, Bristol, and Sullivan County Tennessee are below. There are places to contact that may be able to provide funds for paying first months rent, and ways to pay a utility deposit so your service can be turn back on. The places cover both of the towns and cities you mentioned.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
David19 wrote:My husband and I have been separated for a few months now and his sister in law as well as himself has been attempting to get me down and out. I live within our martial home and he lives with his brother. However, I am in need to get away from all the threats and stalking due to my health as well as the safety of my little girl. I found an apartment and need help with the deposit and first months rent as well as to get the utilities cut on. After that I should do fine with the following months that follow as I wait on section 8 to get back to me etc. Is there an organization out there to help me just with this months utilities, deposit and rent? I live in Bristol, Tennessee but am relocating in Kingsport, Tennessee.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Florida runs the Emergency Financial Assistance for Housing Program (EFAH) program. It may be able to help you in your situation. In addition to that, here is some info on Different services and resources that Florida offers.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
OAlex wrote:My name is Oral Allen and I live in South Florida area. I need $850 for my rent. I am temporarily unemployed and awaiting a phone call from the people who interviewing me for prospective jobs. My email address is OAlex0061@yahoo.com please I need your help soon
nicole

Post by nicole »

Hi My name is nicole, Iam a single parent ,I really can use help with paying my rent. I just started getting my employment just trying to catch up on my bills.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Nicole, where do you live? What state, city, or county?
nicole wrote:Hi My name is nicole, Iam a single parent ,I really can use help with paying my rent. I just started getting my employment just trying to catch up on my bills.
Momneedshelp

How to apply for rent help

Post by Momneedshelp »

I need to apply for rent help in New Jersey.

I am a single mother of one. I do not qualify for Temporary Rental Assistance (TRA) because I am claiming unemployment benefits. However, my unemployment totals $606 per month, when my rent is $950 per month. So I can't afford to pay the rent. I am currently behind in 3 months of rent. My landlord is evicting me. What are my options?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to apply for rent help

Post by Admin »

Try some of the New Jersey government assistance programs, and find help from non-profits in the NJ area.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/new ... grams.html
The state does offer a grant program known as the New Jersey State Rental Assistance Program. IT does focus on low income, which I assume is you with that low unemployment benefits you get.
Momneedshelp wrote:I need to apply for rent help in New Jersey.

I am a single mother of one. I do not qualify for Temporary Rental Assistance (TRA) because I am claiming unemployment benefits. However, my unemployment totals $606 per month, when my rent is $950 per month. So I can't afford to pay the rent. I am currently behind in 3 months of rent. My landlord is evicting me. What are my options?