Help with securiy deposit in California

Find how to get help with rent
mi_hijo_nykyah
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with securiy deposit in California

Post by mi_hijo_nykyah »

We desparately need help paying a security deposit in contra costa county, ca. we have 4 young kids, we found a home and we do work, but the money going out far outweighs the money coming in pls help.
Conners
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with securiy deposit in California

Post by Conners »

Current landlord is terminating tenancy due to siting that the building needs to much work and needs the building vacant in order to do repairs. He is giving only 30 days to vacate, so we need a deposit for a new place. He is also demanding current rent to be paid until then. I am currently awaiting a decision from Social Security regarding a medical disability (Stage V Kidney disease) and I have a 9 year old child. I am currently living with my two older daughters (lease is in their names) and they also need assistance for housing and a security deposit for a new home in California. My current income is only $449.00 per month through state aid. If you can send me any helpful information, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Asbutterfly

Post by Asbutterfly »

Hello I am writing you in regards to the tough situation that my children and I have been face with for the past months. There was a fire at my previous address so my children and I had relocated to my mother's in which she is living in an subsidized building for the elderly. I do have section 8 but it has been touchy situation with them and which it has been clear up recently. But although I have social services helping me its been so long and my new potential landlord will give the apartment away to someone else due to the prolonged process I am asking for help with security and Christmas gifts for my children.
PerryK

Post by PerryK »

I became homeless the first weekend of December back in my hometown due to a very large storm that flooded my home severely. I was asked to move by the owner due to the clean out process. I was left to live in my car with a job that hardly kept fuel in the car for 2 whole weeks, much less paying for anything else. So, I decided to relocate to Santa Monica, in Los Angeles California, and have just obtained full time employment.

So, here where my needs from you start... I need help with $1000 move in costs and deposit to a cheap apartment. The landlord has been waiting on me for nearly 2 weeks now, and I'm trying so desperately hard to not miss out on such a prime rental amount. I've asked family for help and they can't do it. I need help. I just want out of my car and into a home again. I'm ready for a better life than I had back "home".. I'm ready to have a roof over my head and to stop breaking laws by sleeping in my car every night.
Medtronoc

Post by Medtronoc »

I am disabled. I have arthritis in vertebra. Also I am Bi-polar depressive disorder. I used to be on section 8 in Riverside county California. While my son attended college the rent was like $460.00 but then he took a year off went up to 700.00 that was fine.

Well he moved out and I couldn't afford 700.00 and didn't want a negative amount. So I moved out never knew of assistance anywhere then later was told they would have adjusted rent amount and got some kind of help. Well since February 2011, I have been without a home have lost everything have a little clothing, When I did get my 856.00 each month would rent a cheap motel until money was almost gone, the rest of the month would sleep bus stations, rest sites. And I have sent applications to many housing assistance sites and still I am waiting. I’m tired of being tired. I’m not asking for a handout just a hand. Please do send me some type of response. God Bless.
Tairod

Post by Tairod »

Help with rent and deposit. I'm on section 8 in California but the landlord took one month that housing wanted and also he made mistakes so the getting approved the paperwork and it had to be done over and because of that they're not helping me with my rent right now. I moved in on the 2nd of October and had to pay the full months’ rent and now he wants the full month's rent for November that I don't have and they're not coming to do the inspection until December 1st which means as long as it passes that's when they'll start paying right.
I don't have the money to pay for full month of November as well as not getting any back for October of a credit which means I don't have any money to make payment on the deposit either. So I could really use some assistance because all the stuff due to the move that I couldn't afford. I really don't have a lot for food either.
FixMac

Post by FixMac »

I live in California.
I RECEIVED A PAY OR QUIT NOTICE ON THE 21ST OF THIS MONTH AND I AM CURRENTLY OUT OF WORK. I HAVE THREE DAYS TO PAY AND HAVE NO MONEY, I LIVE IN IMPERIAL COUNTY AND I DON'T KNOW WERE TO GET HELP WITH A DEPOSIT OR THE RENT SO I WON'T GET EVICTED. I HAVE TWO CHILDREN AND I NEED HELP.
Momandme

Post by Momandme »

Hello. I'm in serious need of help with a security deposit. I live in a 2 bedroom house with my in laws and my two kids. But they are not getting along and are screaming and fighting all night long in front of my kids when I'm at work. I have found a place and only need $850.00 for deposit to move in. Please I really need help to feel more safe for me and my children. I have no family. I'm form California.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

With the high price of housing in California, the cost of a security deposit can be very high. So even if someone can get assistance, they most likely need to raiser quite a bit of money themselves. It may be better to live with a friend or family first. Then, once stable, apply for security deposit help in California. As having stability will improve your chances to getting some funds.
Momandme wrote:Hello. I'm in serious need of help with a security deposit. I live in a 2 bedroom house with my in laws and my two kids. But they are not getting along and are screaming and fighting all night long in front of my kids when I'm at work. I have found a place and only need $850.00 for deposit to move in. Please I really need help to feel more safe for me and my children. I have no family. I'm form California.
Capture

Post by Capture »

I am on social security and disability and I live in a small 1 bedroom. Last month my son, his 4 children and the mother became homeless and started staying with me. My son receives unemployment and that is their only income, so he is struggling to pay the security deposit. Now with them living with me I am in danger of being evicted.
They cannot find a place due to the fact of 1st and last and deposits. A lot of money has been spent on application fees so there is little to no money saved. We are in Shasta county in California. Please direct us to somewhere that can help get them into a place of their own and save me from being homeless with them. Thank you.
shawrah

Post by shawrah »

Hi I am looking for the homeless assistance to get myself and my boys into a home. I currently live in Ventura and called the homeless to home but because I am moving to Kern County in California Ventura County, CA cannot assist with my deposit to move in. I am wondering if you can give me the information for the local agency for Kern County CA.
Thank you.