Seems like most aid is for seniors

State and local government assistance programs.
Ju Jansen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Seems like most aid is for seniors

Post by Ju Jansen »

Thank you so much for your time. Its highly appreciated but most organizations around here are full the senior citizens. Which I can understand and hate to say it but i would have a better chance being a drunk on the street and trust me most response is we not able or the one who makes those decisions is out of state. I have tried most organization and received 75.00 I was grateful at the time. I have contacted corporate and the utility here in Seattle. There response is what do you want us to due I am billed every two months and would receive a bill every month. I I know is this lady in charge would not let you get behind 100 dollars without shutting you off let alone 600. At the time had water they red the vacation house next tome 33ccfs and thought I took there water and I had water and then get a bill for 21 ccfs. I am just exhausted from it all thank again for your time.
Sincerely appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Seems like most aid is for seniors

Post by Admin »

Sorry, but we are no really sure what that message means. Are you looking for utility help in Seattle Washington? You also seem to mention something about seniors. So are you an elderly person or not? Feel free to clarify. While we wait, here are all of our programs for King County as well as the city of Seattle, so we hope you can find the help you need. Find Seattle and King County programs.
Ginger1

Post by Ginger1 »

I am very low income due to divorce earlier this year, and just under being considered a senior citizen. My home is going into foreclosure, my utility bills are piling up, my three kids are in need of clothing, and we could use food assistance. My ex was abusive. Now, he quit his job of many years so that he doesn't have to pay me support.
I am unable to work outside my home, as I have severe medical issues, one being that I cannot stay awake throughout the day, due to Idiopathic Hypersomnia. I was never able to work enough to earn Social Security credits for disability. Any direction for help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Hibernation

Post by Hibernation »

I Have lived on the edge for some time and I'm losing ground. Extremely low income senior, No matter what, though, I pay rent & utilities (help from LIHEAP) and receive aid from SNAP. Still don't have enough food and no discretionary income to purchase food or anything else. E.g., I don't own a winter coat, desperately need shoes.
I haven't been able to access any agency or organization that can help me financially or give me counseling -- everything is a waiting list, or no funds available, and I run out of minutes on my phone being put on hold so then I have to start over and I hate that. I admit, I've about given up even bothering. I've been told many times that without an eviction notice or shutoff notice, I don't qualify for help -- I sacrifice my dignity to keep those bills paid because I'm terrified of becoming homeless or even going without electricity and heat. So that's not much of an incentive, is it, except that I know I wouldn't be able to ever get caught up if ever fall behind.
I do know about food pantries and have no transportation. Most of the time I don't think about the way I'm living. Other times I can't believe what I'm doing without, and sometimes I'm really proud of surviving as I am and maintaining sanity and a positive outlook. Trust me, I've sought assistance/financial advice, and there hasn't been any.
I'm afraid you'll give me #s of places I've tried over and over and it's frustrating. I do know things could be worse for me, as many other seniors do have it worse. I am not feeling sorry for myself -- impatient is more like it -- hate to come across as a drama queen, as in this scenario -- I seriously don't have shoes, warm clothing, nor transportation to access emergency food and I really do not have enough food each month. Then again, I'm not going to starve to death. It’s not that dire. I do feel anger sometimes -- because I know.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a lot of needs, and there is assistance for others besides seniors. As far as the #s of places, yes, we will give you more to try. Try these programs in CT for transportation, food, clothing, etc. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
Food is easy to get...try a pantry. Other aid is more rare, and depends on many factors.
Hibernation wrote:I Have lived on the edge for some time and I'm losing ground. Extremely low income senior, No matter what, though, I pay rent & utilities (help from LIHEAP) and receive aid from SNAP. Still don't have enough food and no discretionary income to purchase food or anything else. E.g., I don't own a winter coat, desperately need shoes.
I haven't been able to access any agency or organization that can help me financially or give me counseling -- everything is a waiting list, or no funds available, and I run out of minutes on my phone being put on hold so then I have to start over and I hate that. I admit, I've about given up even bothering. I've been told many times that without an eviction notice or shutoff notice, I don't qualify for help -- I sacrifice my dignity to keep those bills paid because I'm terrified of becoming homeless or even going without electricity and heat. So that's not much of an incentive, is it, except that I know I wouldn't be able to ever get caught up if ever fall behind.
I do know about food pantries and have no transportation. Most of the time I don't think about the way I'm living. Other times I can't believe what I'm doing without, and sometimes I'm really proud of surviving as I am and maintaining sanity and a positive outlook. Trust me, I've sought assistance/financial advice, and there hasn't been any.
I'm afraid you'll give me #s of places I've tried over and over and it's frustrating. I do know things could be worse for me, as many other seniors do have it worse. I am not feeling sorry for myself -- impatient is more like it -- hate to come across as a drama queen, as in this scenario -- I seriously don't have shoes, warm clothing, nor transportation to access emergency food and I really do not have enough food each month. Then again, I'm not going to starve to death. It’s not that dire. I do feel anger sometimes -- because I know.