Late with rent in North Carolina

Find how to get help with rent
Ventura
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Late with rent in North Carolina

Post by Ventura »

Hello I am a single mother with two kid. I moved to Charlotte North Carolina. At first I had help paying the rent. I had two roommates one of them just left with out a reason why and the other lost his job. Now I m am left trying to pay bills with my son ssi check that is not enough to try to pay everything. I am late with my rent I am about to start a job I just need the help. i want my kids to have a place roof over there heads for Christmas. Can someone please help me.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Late with rent in North Carolina

Post by Admin »

Look for more roommates, or cheaper housing. Does the one who lost their job get unemployment. They must have some funds to pay towards housing. In addition, find more Mecklenburg assistance programs, and agencies to call for help including Charlotte Area Fund (704) 372-3010 and many others. If you are about to start a job more likely to qualify for rent help.
Ventura wrote:Hello I am a single mother with two kid. I moved to Charlotte North Carolina. At first I had help paying the rent. I had two roommates one of them just left with out a reason why and the other lost his job. Now I m am left trying to pay bills with my son ssi check that is not enough to try to pay everything. I am late with my rent I am about to start a job I just need the help. i want my kids to have a place roof over there heads for Christmas. Can someone please help me.
Johny tab

Post by Johny tab »

I am a USA vet experiencing a break in service from Title 10 orders seeking another active duty assignment after serving the last 6 years at Ft. Bliss and one tour in Iraq. My landlord since 2005 has threatened to evict while the only income I currently have is from unemployment and VA for educational benefits under the Post 9-11 while I attend graduate school in North Carolina. I have tried communicating through letters and sent partial payments but he insists on using his intermediary to make constant calls and visits to my home in front of my children referencing vacating. I have submitted all of Mar 12 but need to present Apr 30. However, during my mid-terms this week, he has sent his intermediary to inform of no partial payments if I can't get April rent and eviction procedures are in place. Please help! My monthly rent is 900.00 which he has gone up to every year.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You didn't mention exactly where you live in North Carolina. In general though, veterans are entitled, and rightfully so, to assistance programs available only to them, as their benefits allow it. Many agencies may prioritize financial assistance for veterans as well. Is there anyway to use some of your financial aid to pay your rent? It is allowed. Or if you did not apply, then do so. But the landlord is entitled to rent, and if you were making only partial payments for a while, it honestly sounds like the landlord was being flexible. But look into veteran and government programs and other public assistance in North Carolina.
Johny tab wrote:I am a USA vet experiencing a break in service from Title 10 orders seeking another active duty assignment after serving the last 6 years at Ft. Bliss and one tour in Iraq. My landlord since 2005 has threatened to evict while the only income I currently have is from unemployment and VA for educational benefits under the Post 9-11 while I attend graduate school in North Carolina. I have tried communicating through letters and sent partial payments but he insists on using his intermediary to make constant calls and visits to my home in front of my children referencing vacating. I have submitted all of Mar 12 but need to present Apr 30. However, during my mid-terms this week, he has sent his intermediary to inform of no partial payments if I can't get April rent and eviction procedures are in place. Please help! My monthly rent is 900.00 which he has gone up to every year.
Zach

Post by Zach »

Good Morning,
I am a 50 year old professional male, employed full time with Lutheran Social Services of North Carolina since December 23rd 2013. I have looked at and discussed the options with the owner of a two bed room in Brunswick. The apartment is $895.00 per month including everything but electricity. The deposits to enter a lease are $895.00 security and $895.00 first months rent. I have and income of $10.00 per hour paid every two weeks for 80 hours, minus taxes and health insurance. I have a wife and son in Massachusetts that are homeless and need to transition to North Carolina to be with me. I have no additional savings as I arrived in the state October 1st 2013 and stay with a family member at this time in South China. My commute to work is over 1 1/2 hours one way, the cost of fuel and travel is upside down for the income. Any assistance that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you work for Lutheran Services office in North Carolina, you should have access to information on rent and deposit programs. As that is what your charity does....help the vulnerable. Why don't you check with your own database on site. Also, that income of $10 per hour will be very difficult to support a son and wife on...no matter where you live. So look for a higher paying job now that the market is much strong. Find other support from North Carolina Lutheran Services.
Zach wrote:Good Morning,
I am a 50 year old professional male, employed full time with Lutheran Social Services of North Carolina since December 23rd 2013. I have looked at and discussed the options with the owner of a two bed room in Brunswick. The apartment is $895.00 per month including everything but electricity. The deposits to enter a lease are $895.00 security and $895.00 first months rent. I have and income of $10.00 per hour paid every two weeks for 80 hours, minus taxes and health insurance. I have a wife and son in Massachusetts that are homeless and need to transition to North Carolina to be with me. I have no additional savings as I arrived in the state October 1st 2013 and stay with a family member at this time in South China. My commute to work is over 1 1/2 hours one way, the cost of fuel and travel is upside down for the income. Any assistance that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Hello, I am currently in the hospital after delivering my son. My husband just started working a new job in Raleigh NC and we are really struggling to pay our rent. We went to let management know what was going on because they say they would stop all late fees but they failed to do that and now we owe 1003.00 or we will be faced with an eviction. We have nowhere to go and no one we can turn to for help. Please if you can provide assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can't provide assistance, but we have a list of resources for you to try in Raleigh for rent assistance. They are here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... leigh.html
Also, did you get something in writing from management? Please say you did!
Gamefly

Post by Gamefly »

Hi,
I have 2 children and we are currently going to be homeless as behind on our rent. I need help finding some where immediately. The people we were staying with lost there house to the bank. We have a week to find some where to go. I have no money saved but I do have a job. They have already moved out. While me and my children are sitting like ducks trying figure out what to do and where to go. I reside in Clayton NC.
LisaDurmant

Post by LisaDurmant »

Good morning! I am in need of assistance to establish my own residence in Mecklenburg County Charlotte, NC. I have been residing with a family member in the area. I have valid DL and I work. However because I am shy of days and a month or so of being a resident of Mecklenburg County Crisis assistance said they could not assist. I have 2 children and I have paid my deposit on my home. I just need assistance with prorated rent so that we can move in. I also have a balance with Duke energy and I need assistance with getting this paid so that we can have utilities. I consider myself to be self-sufficient and just need a helping hand to get settled in. Once this transition occurs I can be a blessing to others. Because again I have a job in the profession of Social work. Your assistance in this matter would be appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are the Charlotte rent assistance programs. There are several to try for help. They can probably also guide you to low income housing or something within your budget...regardless of what that amount is.
LisaDurmant wrote:Good morning! I am in need of assistance to establish my own residence in Mecklenburg County Charlotte, NC. I have been residing with a family member in the area.
Butter

Post by Butter »

Hello, My name is Katelin. I reside in Jacksonville, NC. I am a single mother and I work a full time job with 40 hours a week I make $9 an hour and I am behind on my rent. I normally am able to make rent every month but this month I only have half of my rent. Can you please help me with a place or someone that can assist me with this please? My rent was due on the 1st this month and I really need the help this one time. Thank you,