Michigan Assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
kim.ray12

Michigan Assistance

Post by kim.ray12 »

where do can i go for assistance in Michigan. i need help paying all bills and debt and my mortgage and taxes and everything. I also need a job.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Michigan Assistance

Post by Admin »

kim.ray12 wrote:where do can i go for assistance in Michigan. i need help paying all bills and debt and my mortgage and taxes and everything. I also need a job.
Michigan is in rough shape with the economy, isn't it. It depends on what you need and the type of assistance. Try this for a listing of programs.

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html

Also, here is a good resource for ways to get help with utility and heating bills in Michigan.
http://www.liheapch.acf.hhs.gov/profiles/Michigan.htm
tippermac

Post by tippermac »

Hi...My name is Jodi and I have two children. I have been unemployed and can not pay my electric or propane. I will be gettting a shut off notice from consumers soon. I cannot pay for my propane for heat. I also need help with food. Please contact me as soon as possible. I'm in desperate need of help...I live in Oakland county, Michigan in Rose Township. I'm in desperate need of assistance...Food, heating bills, cash, anything! Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Oakland County area of Michigan has many agencies. Try these places to get help with the shut off from Consumers.
Active Faith Community Services may have grants for emergency bills. Phone (248) 437-9790
Lighthouse Emergency Services focuses more on housing needs, but they may be able to direct you to utility programs (phone (248) 620-6116)
South Oakland Center is another local charity in Michigan.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
tippermac wrote:Hi...My name is Jodi and I have two children. I have been unemployed and can not pay my electric or propane. I will be gettting a shut off notice from consumers soon. I cannot pay for my propane for heat. I also need help with food. Please contact me as soon as possible. I'm in desperate need of help...I live in Oakland county, Michigan in Rose Township. I'm in desperate need of assistance...Food, heating bills, cash, anything! Thank you
Futy

information on Michigan Assistance

Post by Futy »

I am in desperate need of some information. I am writing in regards to a family that I know of in Port Hope, MI. It is a family of 6 with 4 of them children. They have absolutely no electricity nor heat. They are depending solely on food stamps and no cash assistance whatsoever. They are desperate. With winter coming I worry about them. They have no running water. Please please could you possibly send me some information on how to get this family the help they so desperately need. They have no transportation and cook solely on a bbq. I find this a horrible situation. NO family should endure no matter how bad the economy is. These are children. No father! I would sincerely appreciate it. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: information on Michigan Assistance

Post by Admin »

Port Hope Michigan is in St. Clair County isn't it? If so, try calling the United Way of St. Clair County Michigan. They have partnerships with such places as Community Action Agency of St. Clair County, the Blue Water Community Food Depot, as well agencies such as Salvation Army. The United way can be reached at 810-985-8169.
They usually have limited funds, but call them. If they cook on a BBQ, maybe they can try a local food pantry.

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_pr.html
Futy wrote:I am in desperate need of some information. I am writing in regards to a family that I know of in Port Hope, MI. It is a family of 6 with 4 of them children. They have absolutely no electricity nor heat. They are depending solely on food stamps and no cash assistance whatsoever. They are desperate. With winter coming I worry about them. They have no running water. Please please could you possibly send me some information on how to get this family the help they so desperately need. They have no transportation and cook solely on a bbq. I find this a horrible situation. NO family should endure no matter how bad the economy is. These are children. No father! I would sincerely appreciate it. Thank you.
Copper

Post by Copper »

My hours were cut at work from full time down to part time and now I'm on call. I am currently looking for other positions in Lansing Michigan but in the mean time I need help. I can't live like this. My check was only 467.00 and my rent is 925.00 I'm hurting. For two months I have been struggling bad. Last month my check was 321.00 so I am behind please I need help. I have another position but I need fingerprints done and it cost 45.00 I'm trying, clearly I don't have the money for that I need help.
Suzzyo

Post by Suzzyo »

I am a 62 year old lady and my daughter is 33. My social security check does not cover our needs. We moved up here in November of 2012. My son was dying and we took are of him. He died on December 20, 2013.
My daughter has had a couple of temp jobs. In she got a full time job as an office manager here in Detroit. Three months later we found out the owner of the company was a scam artist and warrants had been issued. He owes $250,00 in back child support in Indiana, and $513,000 to the state of Indiana to pay back home owners he scammed. We also found out his real name at that time. Anyone can Google his name and it comes right up.
So my daughter quit her job, and he went into hiding. Anyway, without her income we can no longer pay our rent or utilities. She is on a 1 month contract, with 2 weeks to go. We could only pay $215 on our July rent, with a balance of $450 due. Ouare electric is 2 months behind and our cable 2 months behind. We need help desperately.
We would also love to find a place with lower rent & utilities included. An attorney that knows her, might have a position in the next month for her. Eviction proceedings will be started immediately on us. Any help you can give us would be appreciated.
Alford11

Post by Alford11 »

I live in Tayloare, MI. I was searching the Internet in a desperate state to try to find help for my minor son, and myself. I have left no rock unturned while searching for employment. I was in school and had to quit right upon getting my associate degree in science. I don't know the routine or exactly what I am suppose to say or not to say. I can only assume there are sadly so many people just like myself needing help.
I am 3 months behind in my rent, and my phone and power are just days of shut off. My daughter and myself have no family, it is just us against the world. I am sending this email as a shot in the dark as a desperate plea and prayer. If there is anything that can be done to help us or lead us in a direction that could just by the use of words my gratitude just couldn't possibly cover it.
Sadly, as I stated I do not know how much longer I can be reached by telephone, Thank you for taking the time to read this email. Thank you, again.
Kimmy mommy

Post by Kimmy mommy »

My young daughter and myself are on the brink of an eviction with no where to go in this harsh Michigan weather as well as lose our heat and electricity, and our telephone which is important because I have an asthmatic daughter and must have access to be able to dial for an emergency. Any, any help or direction, referrals would be a God send. I am unfamiliar with all of this and do not know where to begin. Thank you, for anything you can do. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, if you have access to the internet still then you can research about non-profit and financial assistance in Michigan. You don't need a phone. So why did you quit school, and not stay in there and get say a part time job? Anyway, there are many programs in the state to help the low income. That ranges from rent to energy costs too, and locate the assistance programs in Michigan.
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Hello,
I am new to needing assistance and I do not know where to start. I'll give you some information and hopefully you can point me in the right direction. I currently owe $1020 to an apartment complex on or before September 3rd or we will have to go to court. I had lost my job mid-January and that is reason I could not pay. I also have other financial obligations such as my car and its insurance, plus a few thousand dollars in medical expenses I have to start paying on. I also have a child on the way. I live in Kalamazoo, MI if you need that information. Thank you for any information you can give me.