unemployed rent help

Find how to get help with rent
JohnsonD
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: unemployed rent help

Post by JohnsonD »

My daughter & I previously lived in the Housing Authority, my boyfriend talked me into moving into a house. Then he moved back up north & left us with rent & bills that I struggling to pay. My rent and power bill are behind. I am on disability, unemployed & receive $742 a month & my daughter receives only $60. My rent is $600 a month, I am trying to apply for Section 8. My ex-husband is suppose to pay court ordered child support of $95 a month, has not paid since 2000 & is currently behind $37,000. I am extremely stressed & don't know what to do? I have been to area churches & they are no help. The area Community Action said they won't have any funds until July or August. I have read about Section 8 helping with mortgage payment, I took a "homeowners course" the end of last year & was curious about other requirements?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It really sounds like you are doing many of the right things by calling your church, Community Action agency, section 8, etc. That is all anyone can really do is call around to see if anyone has funds and if anyone can help you with your bills and rent. Section 8 can help people move into a home for the first time, but not ongoing mortgage payments. Anyway click here for more on the section 8 housing program and additional rent resources.
KKaufmann

Post by KKaufmann »

I am inquiring about rental assistance. We are close to eviction, my fiancée’s work hours have been cut and we fell behind on rent and have nowhere to go if we get evicted. I am now unemployed too. Our landlord is willing to work on payments with us but we need to catch up or at least pay one month. One month’s rent is $800. Any help would greatly help!
Derrick

Post by Derrick »

My husband began receiving unemployment assistance at the end of April after being laid off since January. Our bills are very behind we have been surviving off savings and asking for extensions so we are now trying to catch up but all our bills are so behind. The unemployment doesn't cover nearly enough. We have to pay at least one month of rent coming up on the first or our landlord, who has been really understanding these past few months, will have to start eviction proceedings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Waffletaco

Post by Waffletaco »

Hi, I am 46 years old working woman for numerous years until I got laid off in 2011. I was unemployed for almost 2 years and everything just fell of track completely. I began working but my bills are so backed up I can't catch up. My rent has piled up and I am about to get evicted if I don't get my balance up to date. Your generosity can help me hold onto my apt. I am loosing sleep over this. I have no one else to help me, as everyone I know is trying to make ends meet. If you can help please do so.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, we do not offer any generosity. But we do places in Citrus County that you can call for rent help. If you have been unemployed for 2 years though, that is a long time. You may have a difficult time in explaining this to non-profits, as the job market is very strong and anyone who wants a job can get one. So try these agencies here for rental assistance. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... l_*.html
KhrisDavis

Post by KhrisDavis »

I'm the single mom of a 14 year old and 5 year old disabled son. I need help desperately to avoid eviction charges. I had been receiving unemployment. However benefits are now expired. I'm a full-time med student and I'm struggling to keep my family together. I have applied for work-study at my college, but it hasn't been confirmed as of yet. Please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It is hard to get rent help if you are unemployed and/or in college. As the agencies require the applicant to have some significant, ongoing income. Otherwise you will find yourself in the same spot next month. Is your 5 year old on SSI for being disabled? As that can help offset your housing costs. Here are some other resources that may offer rent assistance.
KhrisDavis wrote:I'm the single mom of a 14 year old and 5 year old disabled son. I need help desperately to avoid eviction charges. I had been receiving unemployment. However benefits are now expired. I'm a full-time med student and I'm struggling to keep my family together. I have applied for work-study at my college, but it hasn't been confirmed as of yet. Please help me.
Butter

Post by Butter »

Hello I am in need of help with my rent. I have been moving and hiding from my ex-boyfriend, so I am unemployed. He was out to really hurt me.
I have had to quit jobs and I finally found peace, as I do not have kids! He was sentence to prison.
My landlord has been very patient. I don't have no were to go. I don't want to have to move again as it will cost me more to move. I have a job interview Friday but I am so far behind. Please send me info on grant programs or if you can direct me to someone. I really appreciate it thank you for your time.