Replace food in my Georgia home

State and local government assistance programs.
Shammon
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Replace food in my Georgia home

Post by Shammon »

I need help with getting applications to food stamps. I also need APS deposit. It was shut off 12-11-14. My daughter had it taken out of her name w/out me knowing and shut it off. I have 3 cats and it has been anywhere from 93 degrees to 98 degrees inside house. I also had to throw out all my food from fridge/freezer, so a pantry can help refill that. Also, need help with getting new place and deposits in Georgia. Any help for food or really anything would be greatly appreciated very much!! Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Replace food in my Georgia home

Post by Admin »

Pantries can meet all those requests you have. They will have short term help, such as bags of groceries, as well as applications to food stamps in Georgia. Some may even have meals for your cats! But try one of the Georgia food pantries for support, and click here.
Brice1

Post by Brice1 »

Hello:
My Aunt lives in Columbus, Georgia, and she does not receive enough social security income to pay her bills or buy the food she needs. She often goes hungry and currently weighs less than 120 lbs.
Your program really would make a difference in her life, but I'm afraid access may be the biggest challenge for her. She is 65 years and does not drive. I live far away and help as much as I can from a distance.
I'd like to request some help for her if you can find a way to get her to your facility so she can pick out some food and get help paying bills.
She is in Columbus, GA. I would not give out her contact information freely had I not read about your mission to preserve her dignity, but also find a way to help her.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great for you to look out for the health of your Aunt. There are dozens of food pantries in Muscogee County Georgia she can try. If she is weighing that little, and in that much need of groceries for her health, they will often have emergency programs too. So try the Columbus Georgia food pantries for meals, ensure since your Aunt is older, and other fresh food.
Brice1 wrote:Hello:
My Aunt lives in Columbus, Georgia, and she does not receive enough social security income to pay her bills or buy the food she needs. She often goes hungry and currently weighs less than 120 lbs.
Lolli

Post by Lolli »

Hello. I have recently fallen into a temporary tough time.
I experienced some trouble in my marriage after domestic violence incidents which left injuries I've spent time recovering from.
I am also receiving counseling. I was diagnosed with PTSD.
I moved to Atlanta with my husband after a job transfer. I have no family here.
My grandchildren reside with me (I take care of them). I need help with purchasing food for them. I need a bed and dresser for their room too. I don't see having anything for them for Christmas this year.
I would be so grateful for help from your organization. I was employed in the case management and journalism industries before I began having trouble from my husband. It was hard to look for work because of my injuries and emotional state.
I would really appreciate it you could help us with groceries and maybe something for my grand babies for the holiday. They are boys. Ages 2 and 3.
I pray you are able to help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why would you move to Atlanta if you had no job prospects, no nearby family, and no income? That is basically setting yourself up for failure. Anyhow, there will be Atlanta food pantries that may be able to feed you and your grandchildren. Some of them will have special holiday programs too, such as meals or what not. If your kids are really 2 or 3 they should be able to qualify, so try them for help.