Unemployment Assistence and Tire Service

State and local government assistance programs.
rocknRev4Christ
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Unemployment Assistence and Tire Service

Post by rocknRev4Christ »

Hello!

My husband and I are living on unemployment right now. We need new tires put on our van so that we can continue to look for work. We live in Oklahoma.

Are there any programs we can access asap so that we can get new tires put on our van? Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Unemployment Assistence and Tire Service

Post by Admin »

Programs for new tires and/or car repairs are tough to find. Maybe local community action agency in Oklahoma. Here is some general advice and tips on free car repairs. After reviewing use the links on the left margin on that main site, select state and local programs, then select Oklahoma from the list on that page. Find programs for your state and county there. Once again, not sure if will find tires, but you can look.
rocknRev4Christ wrote:Hello!

My husband and I are living on unemployment right now. We need new tires put on our van so that we can continue to look for work. We live in Oklahoma.

Are there any programs we can access asap so that we can get new tires put on our van? Thanks.
Spacey

Post by Spacey »

I have a question. I am in the Memphis, Tennessee, Shelby county area. I have low income and I have a child. I am seeking help. I lost my job too. I am looking for places or resources. I am looking to move back to MA in the near future and I was wondering and that is why I am sending this email. Can there be a fund available to help with deposit so I can move to my new place in MA. I think the economy is better there and I will stay with friends. I also need some help and repairs on my car, including tires for the drive.
PANW

Post by PANW »

I am in need of help with my utilities and rent is far behind and my car motor went out on me. Tires are bald too. I am struggling very hard to get back and forth to work. Can guide me to where I can get help in my area. My husband is out of work and suffering with high blood pressure and has blacking out spells. Please lead me in the direction for help. I am living in Tennessee and can't seem to find the help that I need. I have six children and I am going through a hard time right now wanted to get second job but don’t have transportation. I am crying out for help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sometimes the Salvation Army can assist with transportation for a job. They may have local volunteers to take someone to their work place, provided you live near the center in Tennessee. But it will only be for a few days at most while you either get your car fixed or buy a new one. Sometimes they also know of local mechanics that may assist, so try them. Find local Tennessee Salvation Army centers.
PANW wrote:I am in need of help with my utilities and rent is far behind and my car motor went out on me. Tires are bald too. I am struggling very hard to get back and forth to work. Can guide me to where I can get help in my area. My husband is out of work and suffering with high blood pressure and has blacking out spells. Please lead me in the direction for help. I am living in Tennessee and can't seem to find the help that I need. I have six children and I am going through a hard time right now wanted to get second job but don’t have transportation. I am crying out for help.
Mrs.Frazier

Post by Mrs.Frazier »

Need help paying electric bill. Sadly my van has tread showing on 3 tires and we just got them replaced about 5-6 months ago, and then I was let go so am living on employment. We need an aliment done so it doesn't eat away our tires. If we had help paying our electric or for the work on the van and or the tires. It would really help us ok. Thank you so much for your time. We hope you have a wonderful day.