Utility bills and heating in New York

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
JohnsonC
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Utility bills and heating in New York

Post by JohnsonC »

I am a struggling single mom trying to start a small cleaning business. I have 2 clients right now-one is my mother- and my rent is $725 a month and RGE in New York just sent me a bill for $588 for ONE month for the electric and gas. I now owe RGE nearly $3000 and I do not know how I am going to pay this or next months rent. I feel completely disheartened and overwhelmed. I am a hard worker and I am trying to make this business work out so that I can pay for child care and make enough to be independent. I receive $60 a month in food stamps and have Medicaid for insurance. I need help with rent and with utilities and heat until I find a cheaper place to live and start working regularly. Thank you.
Queena

Re: Utility bills and heating in New York

Post by Queena »

I recently got your info from Western Community Action of Lyon County New York. I am on the Energy Assistance Program and was on the Energy Cents program until they took me off September 30th. At that time I was making my monthly payment they had set up for me of $17 and I was paying that every month. Now I can't reapply until January and just got my disconnect notice today in the mail from National Grid Energy of $229.30 which needs to be paid by December 26th. I am receiving cash, GA, and Food support from the county. Please if you could help that would be great. Here is my info.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you try the different assistance programs and payment plans from National Grid. As they offer many to customers in New York State. We have information on them, so it is always a good idea to have some knowledge before you call and discuss payment terms. Also, look into HEAP in New York, and that my help too. But here is the National Program services. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... w_inc.html
Booty

Post by Booty »

I live right at the border (literally) of where Chautauqua County stops and Cattaraugus County begins (South Dayton, NY). I moved from Chautauqua County with my 4 kids. Can I go to the HEAP office located on Rte. 60 in Fredonia to apply for emergency HEAP? That is the closest office to me I believe. My propane ran out last Friday. Thank you for any assistance you are able to give me.
Ver Dict

Post by Ver Dict »

I need fuel oil and NYSEG want to shut off my electric if I don't pay them. I am 65 years old and on social security. I still have a mortgage payment to make. There is no extra money. Total income is approximately $1100.00 per month. This has been a hard winter so we have gone through HEAP and emergency heap and project share that NYSEG has . My daughter has disabilities. Hope you can help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So if you have no extra money, what do you want NYSEG to do? Pay your heating bill month in and month out? $1100 is not much of an income. Even if the company were to help for a month, what would you do the following billing period? You need to get control of your finances (maybe get a job) or sell your house and live somewhere that you can afford. It sounds like you are in effect asking for free power forever. Anyway, good luck, and here are the NYSEG utility assistance programs.
Ahmed

Post by Ahmed »

Greetings,
I in Woodside, NY 11377.
I have been out of work for over 7 months and cannot find a job in the midst of being qualify. I am desperate seeking help in assisting to pay off my utilities bills and pay for heat doe this year. I have two young children at home and my home is cold. I do not have much oil. I am very worry/stress/depressed and hoping this is my last resort to ask for assistant. I pray you be of great assistant to me and my family is this difficult time.
Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Woodside appears to be in Queens New York. So apply for the state programs in that case. Some may offer oil to heat your home for the upcoming winter. Other, such as HEAP, are more grant based. But here is the list of New York utility assistance programs.
Ahmed wrote:Greetings,
I in Woodside, NY 11377.
I have been out of work for over 7 months and cannot find a job in the midst of being qualify. I am desperate seeking help in assisting to pay off my utilities bills and pay for heat doe this year. I have two young children at home and my home is cold. I do not have much oil. I am very worry/stress/depressed and hoping this is my last resort to ask for assistant. I pray you be of great assistant to me and my family is this difficult time.
Thank you.