Massachusetts housing assistance

Find how to get help with rent
nanagerri48
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Massachusetts housing assistance

Post by nanagerri48 »

I am from chelsea massachusetts. i was burnt out of my home on aug. 3rd and i am trying to find help with housing for me and my three children. i am on a waiting list for housing but dont understand why there is no emmergency housing for homeless families. i really need any help that you can provide me with i lost everything in the fire and we are in desprite need of help. any help would be greatly appreciated thank you carrie
CarDon13

Re: Massachusetts housing assistance

Post by CarDon13 »

Hello, I'm a single mother (30) of 2 great sons ages 12 and 5 and I'm seeking help with my security deposit due to my lease ending in March 31, 2012. I do receive a disability income from DTA of 485 a month and have a section 8 voucher from Chelsea for 2bdrms. Housing will cover the first month rent but that is all and I can't afford to come up with the rest which is last month and security which is usually a month of asking rent. My current landlord is selling the unit I live in so this is why I have to find a new home for my boysand I. This situation is very scary and nerve racking and I have called capic and other agency s but they've all said there is no help at this time. I would be so thankful and appreciated if someone can make my moving process secure for my daughters and I. Thank you so very much.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Why doesn't the section 8voucher cover more rent then that. It should pay more than one month of rent, and limit your monthly costs. Something is wrong there. So find your Massachusetts financial assistance programs. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mas ... progr.html Did you try the ABCD community action agency? Also try Salvation Army in Massachusetts, as they are a big organization with extensive funding.
CarDon13 wrote:Hello, I'm a single mother (30) of 2 great sons ages 12 and 5 and I'm seeking help with my security deposit due to my lease ending in March 31, 2012. I do receive a disability income from DTA of 485 a month and have a section 8 voucher from Chelsea for 2bdrms. Housing will cover the first month rent but that is all and I can't afford to come up with the rest which is last month and security which is usually a month of asking rent. My current landlord is selling the unit I live in so this is why I have to find a new home for my boysand I. This situation is very scary and nerve racking and I have called capic and other agency s but they've all said there is no help at this time. I would be so thankful and appreciated if someone can make my moving process secure for my daughters and I. Thank you so very much.
Redwoddswer

Post by Redwoddswer »

I was evicted from Worcester Massachusetts Public Housing due to nonpayment of rent and now with the moving fees plus what I owed I now owe $3100.00. I currently am in possession of my section 8 voucher but cannot proceed with moving into a new apartment until this money is paid in full to Worcester Housing. I was denied at SMOC for the RAFT program because where I still have my section 8 vouchers I am not considered homeless. I do have an 8 yr old daughter whom I need to provide a safe environment for so I am desperate for ANY KIND OF ASSISTANCE anyone can give me. Can you help me? Or any ideas on whom else would be able to help me out?
ShannonW

Post by ShannonW »

I am in need of rent assistance. I have found a place and I am living here now, my dad kicked me out and my income is super limited. I have a 3 year old child who I had to have live with my mother in a different state move away from me because I ended up having to get 3 jobs just to pay all my bills. I am only 19 and I want to go back to college and get my son back living with me but I cant do that on my own and I cant keep working 3 jobs just to make ends meet. I am already signed up to getting food stamps in Massachusetts but that’s all I am getting at the moment. Please anybody out there or somebody help me I just want my son back.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Are you in Massachusetts? You didn't specify the location. Is so, what town? Either way we do have extensive details on housing programs and other forms of assistance in that state. We do like the initiative and working multiple jobs in pursuit of education. Believe it or not, but some people won't take a part time job and they would rather stay on unemployment. Use the food stamps for short term aid. Anyway, we have information on the rent programs and maybe you can work with your landlord on it. Find more information.
JoshRitter

Post by JoshRitter »

I am needing a place in Massachusetts. I just lost my job and in the process of letting another one but my fiancé is coming up here from Topeka and he’s not going to be able to stay here so we're in need of housing. He just got paid so he has a little cash. We just really need some help here in our new state of Massachusetts.
TiciaPeck

Post by TiciaPeck »

Hi, I live in New Bedford MA.
I have been in the shelter for 2.7 months and all my housing and section 8 applications says my time waiting is from 3+ years to 20+ years.
I can't emotionally take this no more. I'm looking into help to pay my bills.
And how long does the home base really help me? My social worker said one year which is not enough for me to become stable (I'm undocumented) but this site said 3 years but then it says after you use them you can't use them for 2 years.
I'm confused.
I need help with utilities Too. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Section 8 can often take years to apply. So the 3-20 year time-frame does not surprise us. But for other resources you need, whether utilities or more details on housing in Bristol County Massachusetts, we do have resources listed. Read more.
1Liza2

Post by 1Liza2 »

Whom it may concern
I currently live in Arkansas. But trying to open come back to Massachusetts to live. In going to be soon a single mom to my 1 year old son. And a friend from Massachusetts told me to contact y'al for housing assistancel. I just have many questions on how things work and other things.
Sincerely,
KarinaMiguel

Post by KarinaMiguel »

Hello, my wife and I and son, have been living and working here in Portland for the last 4.5 years. We have been completely self-supporting, not receiving any public or housing assistance of any kind.
My job required that I work 7 days per week, 363 days per year. My wife is a stay at home mom with our special needs son, she has also home schooled him for the duration. (With school board approval).
As you can imagine, money has been very tight. With little to no warning, my job has come to an end because the company I work for has lost the contract for the Portland area. A Massachusetts company has now taken over.
Because of my health, there are not very many jobs I'm capable of doing. But I have been offered a life line by the company from Massachusetts that has taken over. He has offered me a sub-contract to continue, but it will require that we move to the Waterville Massachusetts area. To do this, I need to acquire 2 company vehicles, (which I have already done), move to Waterville, and come up with operating and living cost for 2 months. (After 2 months my income from the Sub-Contract will come in monthly).
My problem is I do not have any savings and no money for security deposit, and 1st 2 months of rent. I was hoping that you had a program that might assist me financially in moving to Waterville area.
I have a deadline of January 15th to move and get set up and begin operating the transportation business. If I stay here in Portland, my job prospects are nil and would most likely end up homeless. Any assistance or advise would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.
David145

Post by David145 »

Hi, I am a single mother of a 6 year old boy. I don't get child support, food stamps, or EBT. However, I did fill out all the paper work about 4 Years ago for housing assistance, and was wondering what the status was. I heard it could take up to 3 years on the waiting list but I've been waiting much longer than that. I live in Marshfield Massachusetts. Please get back to me as soon as you can. Thank you very much.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Hi. I live in Norwood Mass. I'm looking to try and get help with paying my rent. I am a week late and am trying to find help as fast as I can before it becomes a serious problem and possibly eviction. Any help I can receive will be truly appreciated
Please I need any help I can get right now. I am a single mother of a 7 year old boy and I'm desperate. You may contact me here on my cell. Thanks.
Edwardo

Post by Edwardo »

Hi,
I am currently living at Marlborough, MA, but I am looking to move soon and need help with a security deposit and housing assistance. My lease is coming up for renewal in July, but I don't want to renew because I no longer feel safe here, plus the cost of living here is too much for me to handle anymore. I am trying to move to a part of the state that is more in my range, but I am on disability, so I can't come up with a security deposit all in one fell swoop and saving money is hard because I need all of it just to get through the month. Can you please point me in the direction of programs that could help me with housing in MA, people I could call? Thank you for your time and consideration in this request.

Margay