Dallas assistance and help

State and local government assistance programs.
matthite48

Dallas assistance and help

Post by matthite48 »

How about finding and getting help with rent and energy bills in the Dallas area? Where do I go. Thank you kindly.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Dallas assistance and help

Post by Admin »

matthite48 wrote:How about finding and getting help with rent and energy bills in the Dallas area? Where do I go. Thank you kindly.
here is a resource that can provide you assistance in Dallas
http://www.dallascounty.org/department/ ... /ceap.html
dab1

Post by dab1 »

I live n Dallas and need help with rent, house, power, water, car payment, clothes, for adults and kids. Any and all the help that we can get. If you could please email. we are losing everything. And are really in need of of everything as i have medical problems. I need help paying my electric bill of 262.00$ i lost my a week and a half ago. i am a mother of three young girls. I am 24 years old i just moved to Dallas from Houston about 6 months ago please help. All of my bills are due very soon and I do not have money.
Booker

Post by Booker »

I am 28 years old. I lost my job about a month ago and also at the same time had to move to my dads who wants rent for me to stay here also lets my mother stay who is disabled. They have been divorced since I was seven. He just was helping keep her out of nursing homes however has made it clear our time here is coming to a end.
I cant afford rent and she is his ex-wife. I was usually the one who helped my mom financially when she ran out of funds toward end of the month however. I cant now I was able to find a job housekeeping at a hotel but after them holding the first pay check by the timber reserve it next Friday it will be six weeks with no income. I have no idea how to find gas money to get to work.
I have done every little job I can be find clearing someone’s house or office in Dallas or asked family members but the help has ran out and I still don’t have a pay check but I have been working. My insurance is about to be canceled and my mom is supposed to pay the light bill. But it is a month behind but we have been able to keep them on.
I have applied for food stamps but still pending she gets 49 a month my phone which to most isn’t that important is about to be turned off but to me it is important. The tires on my vehicle or bald and I don’t know when one could blow when I finally do get my pay check it will be about 200$ but I don’t know how I am going to make it the next week getting to work.
I am sorry because I know there are people with children worse off than I but I am glad I do not have children living in situation with me. I’ve been eating the 1.50$ deal from gas station hot dog and a drink for meals and I know there are people that have no food and feel bad for even asking for help but I am scared because I have never not known how I was going to get to work.
I had to miss today but my brother did have a extra 10$ he gave me when he got home so I will be able to go tomorrow. Most programs are for people with children and I understand but if there is any thing anyone can do to help me just to get back on my feet and where I can start being there for my mother again. We were in a car accident when I was 12 she has a traumatic brain injury basically injuries like a stroke victim and I have always been able to help her and now I cant even help myself. So if there is anything anyone can do to help me I would appreciate it more than words can say and I will find a way to give back because maybe there will be someone in my shoes one day and I will be able to help them.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While most charities do focus on Dallas County families with children, even single adults may find some resources though. But your needs are extensive. You asked for gas money, which is very rare but possible. Maybe ask a church for a voucher. Also there are food pantries you can use too instead of eating those hot dogs! They normally have free groceries or even serve meals. But here is an extensive list, and read Dallas County assistance programs.
Mnadi

Post by Mnadi »

My fiancé just lost his job so it put us behind on bills and rent.. he supposed to start working out our rent is due before he gets paid. We also just had a son three months ago so I being on maternity leave put us behind. We just need a little help to catch up.