Live in Oklahoma and need help

State and local government assistance programs.
Sejkora
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Live in Oklahoma and need help

Post by Sejkora »

We are in desperate need of help. My mother and I are both Disabled. Especially my mother. She is widowed and my step father was a Veteran from the Army in the 1940's a POW and Died in 2003. Anyways we are behind on her home mortgage in Oklahoma and all utilities in fact they have stopped my mothers VA check and do not know what to do. We need to pay everything and also to buy groceries.
I am on SS and SSI. I hope you can help us and even guide me in the right direction. I do have Power of Attorney of my mother due to she is paralyzed from her whole right side of body and has speech impairment due to aneurysm stroke in 2004. I myself have been disabled since 2009 and also Thank God they caught my aneurysm in time but left with some disabilities. I hope to hear from yous. And thank you for reading my desperate need of help and I am stress. Sincerely
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Live in Oklahoma and need help

Post by Admin »

We can offer you referrals to disability programs in Oklahoma, and there are a lot of them. If your mother is a senior there are additional resources for the disabled who are elderly too. May not help with your mortgage, but they can direct you to other low income programs, such as LIHEAP. This will prioritize those with a disability. Get more details.
Osborne

Post by Osborne »

Good morning,
I am going to quickly describe why I am emailing you.
Our daughter was born with a rare form of epilepsy.
She underwent an 11 hour operation in it 2013 to address it.
She has done well, but in she started having seizures again. She is scheduled to go in for a re-do of the surgery soon in the Tulsa County Oklahoma medical facility.
My husband (her dad) and I BOTH work, and make okay money. We have credit cards, car payment, insurance, utilities, house payments, medical bills, and every day costs just like every other family!
She gets Medicaid but NOT for free, we pay $190/month for it, because we work. She does not qualify for SSI and disability because we work.
We get no assistance or help from the county we live in, other than $450.00 every 3 months to help with the cost of child care.
Unfortunately because we spent a week in the hospital in January, and time missed from work for other appointments, I am out of vacation and sick time. I have short term disability, but this cannot be used while I am out because it is not for me, it is for my 3 year old.
While I am out, my bills do not go away. So I am reaching out to see if there is anything we could do to get some help that isn’t based off of our income! Our income is okay like I said, we live paycheck to paycheck, however when she is in the hospital, I will get nothing as I don’t have any vacation or sick time. Please let me know if there is anything out there that we could contact for help with our heating bill, electricity, house payment, etc. thank you!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some charities that may offer help that is not based on income. One of the main ones is a food pantry, and there are thousands in Oklahoma. If your daughter is sick and you missed work to care for her, that is a good reason to use one. You can also try some other groups in your state, such as churches, non-profits, etc. Some offer emergency financial aid and more for emergencies (and that may not be dependent on income). Here are several to try in Oklahoma. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Osborne wrote:Good morning,
I am going to quickly describe why I am emailing you.
Our daughter was born with a rare form of epilepsy.
She underwent an 11 hour operation in it 2013 to address it.
She has done well, but in she started having seizures again. She is scheduled to go in for a re-do of the surgery soon in the Tulsa County Oklahoma medical facility.
My husband (her dad) and I BOTH work, and make okay money. We have credit cards, car payment, insurance, utilities, house payments, medical bills, and every day costs just like every other family!
She gets Medicaid but NOT for free, we pay $190/month for it, because we work. She does not qualify for SSI and disability because we work.
We get no assistance or help from the county we live in, other than $450.00 every 3 months to help with the cost of child care.
Unfortunately because we spent a week in the hospital in January, and time missed from work for other appointments, I am out of vacation and sick time. I have short term disability, but this cannot be used while I am out because it is not for me, it is for my 3 year old.
While I am out, my bills do not go away. So I am reaching out to see if there is anything we could do to get some help that isn’t based off of our income! Our income is okay like I said, we live paycheck to paycheck, however when she is in the hospital, I will get nothing as I don’t have any vacation or sick time. Please let me know if there is anything out there that we could contact for help with our heating bill, electricity, house payment, etc. thank you!