A lot of help needed before we loose it all!

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
ckdoodles
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

A lot of help needed before we loose it all!

Post by ckdoodles »

I am a single mother, on DSHS, waiting on a SSI approval. My doctor will not allow me to work due to medical issues. I have three kids 16, 12, and 8. I live in WA State - King County. And I have several items that I need help and assitance with to get back on my feet. I am trying to provide for myself and my three kids on $661.00 and something always manages to go unpaid.
PSE Bill $190.00
Car Insurance Bill $93.00
Old pay day loan - 3 payments of $80 left to Moneytree
Back to school items for all three kids (one in high school, one in jr. high, and one in elementary) Talking clothes as well as supplies for learning. My eldest needs to get help in math, he failed 9th grade, and 10th grade and they want him to have two math classes this year. I can see him emploding.
My car is breaking down, I use it mainly for medical appointments/counseling.
I am at my witts end...I really don't know what to do. I have had family trauma last year as well with a member of my family committing suicide, and the emotional, financial difficulty on me as well as my physical disability at age 34 is hard to cope with. I need help.
I have used Hopelink in Redmond this year already - I can't get anymore LIHEAP help till October. I have called Salvation Army, St. Vincent de Paul...and no funding. What now?
I feel like I am loosing control, when I have worked so hard to keep my family together...and now when I need support the most, everyone can't help.
What do I do now?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: A lot of help needed before we loose it all!

Post by Admin »

Seems like you already made some of the correct calls. You just need to keep trying, calling, and asking. Some agencies will from time to time receive additional funding that they can use.
Some other agencies to call in King County for help include.

Central Area Motivation Program (206) 812-4940
Solid Ground 206.694.6700 (they have a program that provides cars and automobiles)
Catholic Charities of Seattle, King County (800) 831-1209

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
ckdoodles wrote:I am a single mother, on DSHS, waiting on a SSI approval. My doctor will not allow me to work due to medical issues. I have three kids 16, 12, and 8. I live in WA State - King County. And I have several items that I need help and assitance with to get back on my feet. I am trying to provide for myself and my three kids on $661.00 and something always manages to go unpaid.
PSE Bill $190.00
Car Insurance Bill $93.00
Old pay day loan - 3 payments of $80 left to Moneytree
Back to school items for all three kids (one in high school, one in jr. high, and one in elementary) Talking clothes as well as supplies for learning. My eldest needs to get help in math, he failed 9th grade, and 10th grade and they want him to have two math classes this year. I can see him emploding.
My car is breaking down, I use it mainly for medical appointments/counseling.
I am at my witts end...I really don't know what to do. I have had family trauma last year as well with a member of my family committing suicide, and the emotional, financial difficulty on me as well as my physical disability at age 34 is hard to cope with. I need help.
I have used Hopelink in Redmond this year already - I can't get anymore LIHEAP help till October. I have called Salvation Army, St. Vincent de Paul...and no funding. What now?
I feel like I am loosing control, when I have worked so hard to keep my family together...and now when I need support the most, everyone can't help.
What do I do now?
shannon14

No job and need a lot of help needed before we loose it all!

Post by shannon14 »

we have one income social security. I have no unemployment and can't seem to find work. We have food stamps and can barely make it on that. I have calles and left messages to please help and call back, with Salvation Army and United Way but have not received an answer. Who else can I call or what charity to go to? Please can someone help. Thank You
Admin
Site Admin

Re: No job and need a lot of help needed before we loose it all!

Post by Admin »

A fairly extensive listing of charities is here. The Salvation Army is always a good place to call, as well as your local churches. Also trying your local town, village, or county office. They often have programs too.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ns_th.html
shannon14 wrote:we have one income social security. I have no unemployment and can't seem to find work. We have food stamps and can barely make it on that. I have calles and left messages to please help and call back, with Salvation Army and United Way but have not received an answer. Who else can I call or what charity to go to? Please can someone help. Thank You
MBest

Post by MBest »

To whom to may concern,
I ran across your email on the Salvation Army website. I believe that there are many people in the world that are in need of help, I do not know where to turn to anymore, my husband and I are having some major financial difficulty. We have been hard working people for 20 plus years and have been having problems for the past 5 years but now it at a point where there is no more money until of disability applications get approved.
Both my husband and I have both lost jobs that we had for 10 plus years, both found new jobs, husband lost job do to a medical condition on his hands and arms, having problems finding a job due to not being able to read/write in English or use the computer. There are jobs out there, he would need to wear gloves, but he cannot because no matter what kind of gloves he wears, the gloves cause the problems. I have been supposing the both of us, however I lost my job back in October 2012 while I was out on medical leave and have been out of work since then. This is the first time that I ask for help and is very hard for me to do. We just making it day by day with the help of my parents and that is hard to do when they should be living their lives and not worry about me.
We do not have any credit card bills, just a large medical bills from my surgery, mortgage, utilities. We are in Chapter 13 bankruptcy only for our home, have done everything possible to keep our lovely home I was getting unemployment and looking for work, but having difficulty because I am having problems walking and standing, my legs are always swollen and painful. We have used all of our savings, 401K, sold my jewelry and our second, we do not own a cell phone or have cable TV.
What I am looking for is any help that we can get, like I stated, we have no credit card bills. We have a mortgage, medical and utilities. I have read so many things about Grants to Gas Voucher and so on. I haven’t wanted to request any help because there are so many needy people out there and it is hard for me to do this, but I do not know where else to go.
Thank you for listening and thank you in advance for any assistance that you may be able to offer me.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Another option to try is a national charity called Love Inc. They have centers in most states. Most of the support is around basic needs such as clothing or food, but they can refer you to financial support if that is what you need. But it sounds like you have so many needs, and that is what LOVE focuses on as they are involved in a multitude of services. They do this from their intake center, and find more details. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
AndyNorth

Post by AndyNorth »

My family and I are in desperate help with our home. We've tried several ways of getting material to fix our home and have gone broke due to medical and getting our home fixed for electric. The house is in shambles and there is mold everywhere, roof is leaking and pouring water into the home. Underneath the house floods when it rains, floors are rotting and in most places missing, drywall is covered in mold, there are no bathrooms or kitchen.
My mother has had several internal surgeries and is in constant pain and can't work. We've tried charities and nothing. I have a family in Missouri that I've tried getting the house ready for so that I can move my family down. My son can't come stay with me or visit due to the conditions of the house and I'm always having to make other arrangements to spend time with him which takes a lot from him.
My whole family is drained mentally and physically from the overwhelming construction of the house that has been at a standstill for months now and my parents are forced to live in a leaking camper rather than being able to live in their own home. Anything will help. The family is falling apart, tensions are high and even my own engagement is on the line now.
I haven't seen my 2 step children in 2 months and I've never been one to ask for help and just the thought of reaching out is scary. I created a gofundme account with no success and my family, my parents, my kids...are in desperate need of a home. I have several pictures of the damages to the home and it's getting worse by the day. I currently live in the only room we've been able to fix up just good enough for me to live in and day to day I wake up with headaches and I know living in a home with mold and damn filled air isn't good. PLEASE HELP!!!!