Vouchers for Georgia section 8

Find how to get help with rent
Boom
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Vouchers for Georgia section 8

Post by Boom »

Hello, I live with fours children living with my father in Warner Robins Georgia. I move here from Ohio because I needed family support also with my boys I'm trying to find programs that could help me with finding housing, and programs or services for my four kids. I do have a transferable section 8 voucher program. If you know of anythings please contact me I would gladly appreciate some help along the way.
Flipit

Re: Vouchers for Georgia section 8

Post by Flipit »

Hello. I am seeking any assistance I can find. I am in Atlanta Georgia. I am disabled with an incurable brain disorder. I have already surgeries this year. I am married with 2 children. My husband spent most of last year caring for me. We moved to Georgia in 2010 because his mother is elderly and said she wanted us to take care of her. We left everything behind in our old home in New York.
It is not working out for us to live here. His mother is incredibly abusive to us and our children. She is evicting us out even though we have done everything for her including cooking, bathing, cleaning, laundry etc...not an easy thing for me to do with my condition.
I am at my wits end and very afraid. We cannot stay here any longer. My husband is not working yet because he committed to full time care for his mother, not to mention helping me and the children.
Is there any thing that you can suggest, such as section 8? We do not want to end up homeless. Please let me know if you know of any programs.
NelsonD

Post by NelsonD »

Our family has an urgent need. There has been a miscalculation with the management of our apartment complex and Section 8 payment. We live in Georgia. The manager gave us a temporary amount that we were to pay until we got the final calculations from Section 8. We have paid that amount each month while we waited for the paperwork from Section 8.
There is a substantial difference in the calculations and I am appealing this with Section 8 office in Georgia however, the difference is $1,698 and considered past due rent to the management company. If I do not pay the $1,698 by July 27th our family will be refereed for eviction and assessed eviction charges. I understand your SOS fund is depleted I do appreciate any assistance you may be able to offer us at this time. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

$1698 is a ton of money. Why would any Georgia agency pay that if you have a section 8 voucher, and HUD should take care of your housing. That is something wrong with this request. Maybe you violated the section 8 rules, did not move into an approved home/apartment, etc. But there must be some rule you broke. So keep try to call the section 8 agencies in Georgia to try to resolve the dispute, as we doubt other groups will help you.
NelsonD wrote:Our family has an urgent need. There has been a miscalculation with the management of our apartment complex and Section 8 payment. We live in Georgia. The manager gave us a temporary amount that we were to pay until we got the final calculations from Section 8. We have paid that amount each month while we waited for the paperwork from Section 8.
There is a substantial difference in the calculations and I am appealing this with Section 8 office in Georgia however, the difference is $1,698 and considered past due rent to the management company. If I do not pay the $1,698 by July 27th our family will be refereed for eviction and assessed eviction charges. I understand your SOS fund is depleted I do appreciate any assistance you may be able to offer us at this time. Thank you,