Living on one paycheck and struggling with housing

Find how to get help with rent
Burgundy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Living on one paycheck and struggling with housing

Post by Burgundy »

I am one day away from being evicted. I basically live paycheck to paycheck and am barely making ends meet. I have two kids and I am behind on rent, power, and now my water. I am down to my last in food. I recently just moved to Georgia for a new start cause Florida was so expensive but I am struggling just as bad. I get paid every two weeks and I just had to take time off school. I am so scared to be evicted I have nothing and no one here in this state. Please help me.
Reign

Re: Living on one paycheck and struggling with housing

Post by Reign »

I need help paying my rent. My job has cut my hours from 40 hours per week to an on call basis. That goes against the contract from my hiring date. In doing so this has caused me to fall behind on my rent and I'm now on the verge of being evicted. I've placed applications at other facilities for employment. I'm just a 25 year old living pay check to pay check trying to continue his studies. I'm alone I don't have anyone to ask for help. I've never done anything like this I'm just in desperate need off help.
SquakB

Post by SquakB »

We are a family of 4, 2 adults & 2 children 3 years & 6 months old. We are currently staying with his mom which lives in an area were only an amount of people are permitted to stay but as we been here more family have moved in. We are now being asked to leave because of the regulations and we are on low income housing wait lists and we think we might be able to afford to live out of our pocket but the problem is we came across a few places and the deposit is so much and honest we don't even have money at the moment.
We live check to check with only one income and while we stay here we spend his earnings here to keep the house going and with everything on top we think we might be able to scratch money up in one month to pay for rent but not the deposit since it’s so much. Its stressing since we have no were to go and no money in hand. We don't receive any kind of assistance besides medical so it’s a lot for us. I don't know if I'm explaining myself like I should but all I know is that if we don't figure this out we will become homeless.
Please if you guys can help with our rent, even with referring us to a place where we can afford to pay or anything would be great. I don't want my family separated since we are so close to one another each.
We are trying our best to do things the correct and honest way since that's how the world functions better. Thank you once again if you would like to contact me besides email. Thank you once again and this is worth my last try.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you live check to check (like most Americans) you need to budget more effectively. There are agencies in Tallahassee that can help with that. But we recommend continuing to live with your mom, save money, and maybe get another job. Then save 100% of that second job. Maybe someone can watch your kids as you save up for that rent costs. Here are some agencies that may also have advice or some financial support. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
SquakB wrote:We live check to check with only one income and while we stay here we spend his earnings here to keep the house going and with everything on top we think we might be able to scratch money up in one month to pay for rent but not the deposit since it’s so much.
Namumura

Post by Namumura »

Rental Assistance, head under water in bills & other necessary expenses. I am working full time but just can’t seem to catch up being on one check, I am a month behind on my phone bill, rent, car insurance & car note! All I can afford is diapers/wipes for my daughter, food & enough gas to make it to the next paycheck. Please help we are in dire straits and need money for our rental housing unit.