Help for back rent

Find how to get help with rent
Stewarz
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Help for back rent

Post by Stewarz »

I just had my 2nd baby 2 days ago and a single parent. I owe money on back rent and heed help with paying it. I have recently just received information from my landlord that my monthly rent is going to be going up from $600 to $900 effective October 1st. I live paycheck to paycheck and only receiving $435 bi weekly after taxes and other paychecks since I was placed on medical leave early so I am already struggling. Looking to help get assistance until I can get back to work and back to a full paycheck or at least help on rent for a couple months to give time to find another place and move.
Aguilar

Re: Help for back rent

Post by Aguilar »

I have a back balance on rent due to being out of work. Currently working 25 hours / week. I’m barely able to pay full month rent plus late fee 32.50. Landlord already garnished my wages. Landlord recently sent letter stating I need to pay rent in full plus late fee. Than stated I need to be paying 800.00 to 900.00 per month to get caught up on back balance.
At point per month my income is 1,060.00. I currently have no car which greatly enables me from seeking full time work. There is no conceivable way I can pay 800.00 to 900.00 per month. I desperately need help paying off this back balance so garnishment on wages can stop which would enable me to save at least 100.00 month for car. Than I need to save up to find another place to live. I moved here approximately 1 year ago because they were having special and I had little monies to work with. Well this is a bad place to live for me. I do not drink nor do drugs and this place is quite frankly a crack haven and crime zone. I desperately need help in getting out of the quagmire in which I am sinking in. I have no family in which to turn to. Its just me and my beloved dogs. If you could help me in any way I would greatly appreciate it and will grab that oar and begin paddling again!!! At point no matter which way I approach my financial hardship I see no way out.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Have been renting a room from a couple, for 250.00 a month plus half utilities but haven't found work yet and have been living here for over a year so my bill is getting larger. I really need some help on paying my share of the past rent or am going to get kicked out and be homeless.
I'm mentally disabled, I have signed up with vocational rehabilitation center but it's taking so long and my landlords need me to pay them. It's been 16 months and there willing to let go of half utility's past due but my past due rent is 4000.00 and I know if I could at least get 500.00 or 1000.00 they would work with me. I was in an abusive relationship before living here and they have really helped me. I just pray to God that I can come up with a little bit of my past due rent. I don't want to have to be homeless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, it depends on how far back you want to go for the rent you owe. Generally the assistance is more proactive...meaning someone should apply before they have some huge bill due. So if you owe a lot of money, your options are limited. But feel free to try, and use this for help paying back rent and call around. But you need a job, especially if you have been there for one year. There is no excuse for not working.
Stewart wrote:Have been renting a room from a couple, for 250.00 a month plus half utilities but haven't found work yet and have been living here for over a year so my bill is getting larger. I really need some help on paying my share of the past rent or am going to get kicked out and be homeless.