Find Wisconsin resources for assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
Dennis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Find Wisconsin resources for assistance

Post by Dennis »

Greetings,
I am writing to find out about how my family can get some help. My wife has rheumatoid arthritis and cannot work. We have been fighting for disability without success. She had to have her complete left knee replaced last year because of her disease. We have three children. Our daughter has a rare disease that will require a gall bladder transplant. She is restricted from doing or joining in certain types of contact sports such as cheerleading because of it. In gym class she is excluded from certain games because of her condition.
We are struggling to make it. Right now we are desperately trying to not have our vehicle repoed. It is our only lifeline for to get the medical care she needs in Milwaukee WI. We have had our gas shut off and today our cell phones got shut off. We are feeling like we are losing everything. We need some help and that’s why we are reaching out to whoever we can in a desperate attempt to try and save what little we have because its all our daughter and her brother and sister have ever known. This is home. Thank you for your time,
ceueller

Re: Find Wisconsin resources for assistance

Post by ceueller »

I live in Green bay Wisconsin. I’m currently 5 months pregnant. I have two more semesters of school left. I’m wondering what help is available to me if any in my area in regards to financial assistance. I and the father of my child both only have part time jobs and might need help paying bills as the father is looking for full time work and as I finish school.
KeyConsitir

Post by KeyConsitir »

I am an 20 year old male trying to make college work for me in Fennimore, Wisconsin. Been unemployed since last July, living on various peoples couches and floors the past 5 months of college.
I just recently got accepted for food share so I can at least eat now, but I don't know what to do. I wish I had my own place to live but my parents are in just as hard of a financial situation as I am. I just need help somehow in some way, any way, or I don't see myself being alive much longer because of how cold it is and the fact that I don't have a place to call my own and put my stuff. God bless.
Siena

Post by Siena »

I live with my husband and two daughters at the property I also work for as a leasing agent. I am currently behind on my rent and utilities in Milwaukee. Unfortunately since I work here, I have 2 weeks to get my account completely caught up and then immediately be able to pay June's rent on time and continue paying on time each month. If the our account is not paid in full in the two weeks I will be terminated and evicted from this property. Thank you! Any resources would be appreciated. ;)
Uline One

Post by Uline One »

We are a low income family in Dane County Wisconsin. It is myself, my fiancé and our daughter. We are pregnant. We receive limited help from the state with our health insurance and food share.
He is the only working adult in our home and with our bills and new baby on he way its becoming increasingly difficult to stay on top of everything and we are struggling to provide for our daughter. I am looking for any program or any information to help our family at this time.
I understand there are other families in need as well and I feel bad having to ask for help. Our rent is due at the fifteenth each month and we are behind rent. We are behind in our Madison water and sewer utility bill and our MGE electric bill. I am not able to work and help provide money to our household as I have an anxiety disorder and the costs of child care and transportation. I am in no way looking for a free ride or get out of jail free card I’m just hoping that there is some hope of getting our families financial instabilities back on the right track. With help from someone somewhere I know we will get thru this. I just don’t know where to start. Thank you for the opportunity to share my story and the chance to possibly help us. Thank you
Welch

Post by Welch »

I currently live in Milwaukee, WI. I am waiting for my SSI/Disability to be approved. I am currently do not have any income or money in the bank. I am also currently 2 months behind in my bills. I do not have any rent/mortgage payments. My electric, cable and cell phone will be disconnected soon. I do receive food stamps, so food is not an issue. Where can I get some help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are disabled in Wisconsin, and also struggling with other needs, try some of the statewide resources. They can offer everything from public benefits to referrals to food pantries and the like. You can even ask them about utilities if you are facing a disconnection. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
JoBruce

Post by JoBruce »

Hello. I’m in desperate need of some resources, I live in Polk county Wisconsin. I am a 24 year old single mom of a son 2, daughter 1, daughter 17. We are currently homeless living in a motel, was assaulted back in December and haven’t received any assistance or resources.
I am looking for information on applications for section 8, housing choice voucher programs, SHP program, general assistance for homeless. I don’t have a vehicle so automobile loans for homeless/low income would be great. Also if there’s any financial assistance for kids because I don’t receive child support and won't until there father is released from jail and he may not be for years.
I’m currently in the W2 program for Polk county Wisconsin and they offer a job access loan but have to have a job or have a job offer, without transportation I can't go out and apply for jobs or bring my children and to a sitter, etc..
I would love to be back on my feet to support and provide a safe, stable home and life for them. Also looking for help with school supplies and school clothes. Any assistance or resources would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have no money in the bank, and no income, you are in trouble. It takes months for disability to be approved, and most cases are even denied. So maybe try a charity in Milwaukee Wisconsin for help or at least suggestions. You can want to consider living with friends, family, shelter, etc. or some other option until you get a job. Try this Milwaukee assistance programs for advice.
Welch wrote:I currently live in Milwaukee, WI. I am waiting for my SSI/Disability to be approved. I am currently do not have any income or money in the bank. I am also currently 2 months behind in my bills. I do not have any rent/mortgage payments. My electric, cable and cell phone will be disconnected soon. I do receive food stamps, so food is not an issue. Where can I get some help?
be try a charity in Milw