Young and now disabled

State and local government assistance programs.
Margarita
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Young and now disabled

Post by Margarita »

I was in bad wreck in May I broke both legs and my t10 vert. I also had ribs break and had two transfusions, I also gad a bleeding spleen and have been in wheelchair ever since. I no longer have any function in lower left leg it just dangles.
I am not working at this time, even though I am young at age 26. I'm healing and applying for disability. It's a real in depth process that has so many steps and will be long ways out. Most people eligible or not get denied in due to system is over weighted by applicants.
My lovely girlfriend took time away from her job to take care of me in the beginning I couldn't do much but lay there and sleep hurting everywhere. It was a blessings I made it through all this alive and kept my left leg. I suffered compartment syndrome in that leg and usually they have to amputate due to swelling killing good tissue but with my sweetie not working to take care of me and bills coming in at alarming rate all our savings, retirement and anything I could sell off (my tools:-( ) are gone. We are so so young for this to happen to us.
We are short on rent to start and basically penniless for time being. Our rent is 875$, but we have 223 of it and looking for any option as we don't wind up homeless or bugging in laws for something. Disability takes too long to pay us. They would have offered already if that was realistic option.
We Have to try this assistant program for power and think my family is covering some other things. We have zero avenues to even try. Please whatever little bit helps get closer to our goal of staying for another try to cover basic bills next month....
Bless you as I'm 29 years old recently disabled construction man. My girl is 26. That's a boss with people and whole bunch of duties that cared and trained developmentally disabled mental handicapped folks. She wants to go back but worries I won't get all my income part time, and do my home exercises, make all appointments, etc. so that I may walk in some way again with walker and one day god willing a cane.
I am looking into school to retrain for career I physically can manage. We are also waiting on disability. We are not types to ask for help unless totally necessary, let alone have free ride. We do not use people to get by as our intentions. We are both hard working decent folks who never imagined I'd be in wheel chair or not able to make rent.
Joanne

Re: Young and now disabled

Post by Joanne »

My family I just moved to Greenville, TX for a better job as we are sill young. But since we got here we have struggled to pay rent and our bills. I have been applying for any job and all jobs and I haven't been able to get hired.
We are behind on rent and bills, as disability payments is not enough for us. We don't know where to turn at the moment. Ours families are in no means to help us at the moment. We are just trying to get back in our feet at the moment.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Young and now disabled

Post by Admin »

Good for you that still looking for job but disabled and getting government payments. As disability and income can both be had. But the job market is super strong (even 300,000+ new jobs were created last month per (latest job report), so maybe try a counselor. As far as other help, try the Salvation Army in Texas.
Joanne wrote:My family I just moved to Greenville, TX for a better job as we are sill young. But since we got here we have struggled to pay rent and our bills. I have been applying for any job and all jobs and I haven't been able to get hired.
We are behind on rent and bills, as disability payments is not enough for us. We don't know where to turn at the moment. Ours families are in no means to help us at the moment. We are just trying to get back in our feet at the moment.