I am an immigrant looking for support

State and local government assistance programs.
Ramsey
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I am an immigrant looking for support

Post by Ramsey »

I am writing to ask for help for my father. My father has been in the U.S.A. for more than ten years and used to worked full-time and fulfilled all tax duties only to discover now that has terminal cancer and has to struggle with financial difficulties every day. Actually, he is getting disability benefits, but they are very low in comparison to his daily expenses.
Meanwhile, I am a new immigrant, who is of low income and go to college without financial aids, so I cannot support my father very much. I know he badly needs financial assistance--of any type possible--to comfort his pains, both physical and spiritual, in his very last days of his life.
Can you please show us a way to overcome these dark moments? Thank you in advance for your reply.
Bernard1

Re: I am an immigrant looking for support

Post by Bernard1 »

Hi, We are a month behind on rent but the office has agreed that do a payment plan, but that take away from money for food and everything else. Lorton services told me as an immigrant to contact Fair-fax to see if you could help with a rental package to help us pay the rent as well as utility bills because we are so far behind and the amount is over what they can afford to help. Please contact us and let us know if there's a grant for immigrants or anything as we can't even have Thanksgiving. We have to find somewhere to go.
Anger

Post by Anger »

Hello, I live in New York City and I am currently attending school as an immigrant. I pay for everything on my own, school tuition, rent, electric, etc. Recently I had to bail my friend out of jail and that took my rent money for this month. It's due on the first of this month and I have no way to pay it back. If you can help in any way that would be great. It's just this month I need support. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, great of you to pay on your own and getting your education. You bailed the friend out of jail? Umm...ask the "friend" to repay you. If they are a friend they would be so thankful tat you bailed them out and do everything they can to repay you. As far as other stuff...rent, electric and other help, here is info on financial assistance in New York City.
Anger wrote:Hello, I live in New York City and I am currently attending school as an immigrant. I pay for everything on my own, school tuition, rent, electric, etc. Recently I had to bail my friend out of jail and that took my rent money for this month. It's due on the first of this month and I have no way to pay it back. If you can help in any way that would be great. It's just this month I need support. Thank you for your time.