Five day eviction notice

Find how to get help with rent
Obama Martini
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Five day eviction notice

Post by Obama Martini »

We have just received a five day notice to pay $1350. I have my three children and my five grandchildren living with me because none of us can afford to live on our own but since we were unable to pay rent we are about to be put to the streets. I have barely began going back to work and am not sure when I get paid, my two daughters get paid this week but do not make enough to pay the entire rent and my son has too many medical issues to even get a job and is waiting for his interview for SSI. Thank you for your time and consideration.
response

Re: Five day eviction notice

Post by response »

My family and I are behind on our current month's rent (March). The rent is $400, and is normally paid in bi-weekly increments of $200, so as to sync up with my husband's pay schedule. My husband works 40 hours a week, and we have two children, ages 5 and 14 months. We have been living in our current rental for 2 years, and we've never had a problem with our payment arrangement until now.

We have tried calling local agencies, but most of them are now requiring a court-ordered eviction to even apply. What can we do to avoid that step? (Most of our experience dictates that after a court-ordered eviction, you are evicted, there is no paying the rent and staying in your home/rental.) Please let me know of any area agencies that would be willing to help. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have a full income coming in, and your rent struggles are really from more of a timing issue, then Saint Vincent may be a great place to try. They operate in Ventura County from a few places. Those facts, when combined with the fact you been there for two years, will definitely help in your application for rent assistance. Call them. They may not require that eviction notice. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... t_de_.html
Orman

Post by Orman »

I'm about to be evicted within 5 days from my house in the next 20 days, just found out today. My fiancé is getting a job on Monday and I've been looking for work for months. I’ve exhausted all my unemployment and I'm also currently looking to get back into school to finish my bachelor’s degree. At this point I really don’t know what to do, I can't sign up for HUD because that takes over a year and I could be out on the streets in 20 days, any information or low income housing around the Eugene Springfield area would be very beneficial and much appreciated...thanks for any help you can provide.
DuhDuh

Post by DuhDuh »

I need assistance with getting caught up on my rent before I get a 5 day eviction notice. 2 months ago I was diagnosed with Major Depression. I spent time in a partial hospitalization group therapy. I have 2 children 4 & 14. I checked out mentally because I became overwhelmed with taking care of things myself. We moved from living in a molded basement and bedbugs. All of our things were left behind. I used my 401K to move. I used it again to pay September and my bonus to pay on all my other monthly bills and past due October rent. Now I have no money for November or December because I have to pay my co-pays & co-ins for the outpatient plus my prescriptions. I can't afford not to see my psychiatrist or my therapist at this present time. My car not and car insurance will take the check I wanted to pay my rent with because if auto did. I go back to work and my daughter will need to be in latchkey and my son has to pay for lunch. I would not ask if I did not really need this. I'm just afraid of reverting I'm fighting everyday mentally and I'm tired. I have no problem volunteering I always donate and when my children received gifts last year, I made sure they gave a gift back. It was from dollar tree but it doesn't matter because our hearts believe in giving because we've been homeless, scared, lived in a car and we were finally doing better until my depression took over and I had to get help because I would not be here to fight for another day. November is 875 & December is 775 so the 5 day notice does not come. I'll be able to renew my plates and pay up my car note so I can get to work. The leasing office held off of sending to court that would be a mental tragedy for me. I know people may not understand but I really can't afford to relapse. However I went to the DHS place to try SER but she wants a summons or eviction notice. I'm scared because all the progress I've made is fading but I keep trying to focus even trying to apply for school online. If someone would please be so kind just to give me a chance I would appreciate it to stop the 5 day eviction. Even if they want me to pay it back I can make payments monthly. Peace & Love.
TimMac

Post by TimMac »

Eviction notice and I will be forced to vacate my home unless I pay the past due balance of $1,700 by 5 days time. I have called every single Eviction prevention resource and emergency rental assistance place in our local Street Roots book, calling 211, looking online for public and/or private organization with no luck! I am so scared because I've done everything I can think! Please help!