help with utility bills service is due to be disconnected

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
meadows
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

help with utility bills service is due to be disconnected

Post by meadows »

I'm a mother of two who has been struggling to pay my utility bill, and i just got laid off from a job of 8yrs, i found another job, that pays less and the more i try to get ahead the further i get pulled back. I'm i need of getting my lights and gas paid before my serves is shut off on the 8th of july 2010. I just resently got on a payment arrangement with my landlord so now i just need the assistance with the utility services and i can try to repair my life after a lay off. please someone help me. I'm a single parent who's doing the best that i can. my checks don't make it past three days after i get it. I'm struggling with everything, but i'm trying to deal with one situation at a time. If i can get help from anyone please help me cause know one knows how it feel to tell your kids that we don't have anything to eat. We have to use candles cause there's know lights. You have to wash up with cold water cause there is know hot water. I drive to work praying because it's times i don't even know how i made it there and back due to the gas light being on in the car and i'm unsure if i will make it there and back, but i can't even afford to miss aday at all. My four year old had to miss his dentist appt, because i didn't have gas money to take him so if i can get pointed in the right direction for help i will be very, very, gratful, thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: help with utility bills service is due to be disconnected

Post by Admin »

You need to post your utility company, state, county, or city. I need more info. Without specifics it is very difficult. So unless I know more, I would say call your lcoal Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, or community action agency. Also, definitely call your utility company and ask about a hardship program. Almost all utility and gas companies offer some type of assistance with electric, gas, and energy bills.
jenneifermegan

Post by jenneifermegan »

I am 61 years old and unemployed. I get $210 a week from unemployment every 2 weeks,and just recently was approved for food stamps. i have a $700.electric bill and tried to get help before the disconnect notice. I was told they could not help me until I received the disconnect notice. Now, that I have that notice, I'm told there is no money, and I have have tried every agency possible.I need help. I live in Florida. My utility service will be disconnected, if I don't pay this by 08/20/10.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Who is your power company in Florida? FP&L? Progress Energy? They both offer assistance programs.
FP&L has the Care to Share Program and Progress has the Energy Neighbor Fund. Call them and ask about these programs.
jenneifermegan wrote:I am 61 years old and unemployed. I get $210 a week from unemployment every 2 weeks,and just recently was approved for food stamps. i have a $700.electric bill and tried to get help before the disconnect notice. I was told they could not help me until I received the disconnect notice. Now, that I have that notice, I'm told there is no money, and I have have tried every agency possible.I need help. I live in Florida. My utility service will be disconnected, if I don't pay this by 08/20/10.
Luigi

Post by Luigi »

I need help paying my electric bill before it is disconnected. I didn't know where else to turn. I tried to do an online application for assistance, but, it would never download.
This is not my computer. A neighbor lets me borrow hers.
I have no home phone or cell phone for you to call me back on. I only have this email address. It is my neighbors, but, she always gives me my email messages.
I am on food stamps and my children and I are all on medicaid.
My bill is due by the 19th, but I just found this help information today. They may disconnect my utility service after the 19th. Can you help me? Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try this if need help paying your electric bill. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... bills.html
There are options such as LIHEAP, Balanced Payment Plans, and other programs that your electric provider can offer you.
Luigi wrote:I need help paying my electric bill before it is disconnected. I didn't know where else to turn. I tried to do an online application for assistance, but, it would never download.
This is not my computer. A neighbor lets me borrow hers.
I have no home phone or cell phone for you to call me back on. I only have this email address. It is my neighbors, but, she always gives me my email messages.
I am on food stamps and my children and I are all on medicaid.
My bill is due by the 19th, but I just found this help information today. They may disconnect my utility service after the 19th. Can you help me? Please help.
Macra

Post by Macra »

I am being shut off by Eastern Illini Electric Cooperative in Illinois, Paxton IL.

I live in Crescent City, IL.

I applied and received my 2010-11 Energy assistance from LIHEAP, but this electric
co. put all $500 towards a deposit and won'tpay my monthly bills with this money, it
is my understanding that the money, is for paying bills. I'd never had service with
this company before. They say I'm a risk of being disconnected and need the money as a down payment to
secure my acct., although they have had the money since September. I feel there is
no risk since they have my money already. I have to beg every month from sources,
that I have "depleted" and won't helpme anymore. The Community action said they
gave me the emergency $ in the beginning. I know that is not true. Before with
another Electric Co. I received the allotted amount, and if that ran out, I applied
for the emergency amount. No one will help and I am on SSI, Soc Security, Low, Low,
Low income and I am partially disabled. All the other agencies say they canonly
help once in a lifetime, and I have received this help too. How can the allotted
amount/deposit money be released and used toward my monthly bills, they have the
money, so there is no reason why I am a risk.
Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I think if you applied for LIHEAP and the payment wasn't applied like you though, call the program administer. It is more than likely your community action agency. I am not sure why they said what they did. Something is clearly wrong. But call and ask for your applications and paperwork.
Some other options for you include Salvation Army, which can be reached at (206) 217-1274. Maple Valley Food Bank and Emergency Service, phone (425) 432 - 8139, mostly offers rent programs, but they do have information on other assistance programs as well.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/kin ... ogram.html

http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/kin ... ogram.html
Macra wrote:
I applied and received my 2010-11 Energy assistance from LIHEAP, but this electric
co. put all $500 towards a deposit and won'tpay my monthly bills with this money, it
is my understanding that the money, is for paying bills. I'd never had service with
this company before. They say I'm a risk of being disconnected and need the money as a down payment to
secure my acct., although they have had the money since September. I feel there is
no risk since they have my money already. I have to beg every month from sources,
that I have "depleted" and won't helpme anymore. The Community action said they
gave me the emergency $ in the beginning. I know that is not true. Before with
another Electric Co. I received the allotted amount, and if that ran out, I applied
for the emergency amount. No one will help and I am on SSI, Soc Security, Low, Low,
Low income and I am partially disabled. All the other agencies say they canonly
help once in a lifetime, and I have received this help too. How can the allotted
amount/deposit money be released and used toward my monthly bills, they have the
money, so there is no reason why I am a risk.
Thank you
Marybeth

Re: help with utility bills service is due to be disconnecte

Post by Marybeth »

Hello, I’m emailing you from Phoenix, Arizona. It’s in regards to my downstairs Air conditioner not working. One day it just turned off and my husband and I have tried countless things to try to get it going but no luck. Unfortunately we can not contact a technician due to extreme prices. At this time, our family of four is only supported by my husband due to my loss of work. because of the lack of the lower unit not working the upstairs unit has to work three times as hard to try and keep up with the impossible demand. Our SRP M-Power card it draining $15 a day. We have taken everything possible upstairs, including dinner due to the 95 degrees temp downstairs. Another complication is that it’s summer and our daughters aren’t in school ( where it’s cool) so the are refrained to the upstairs only. If it was just my husband and I dealing with these temps we’d tuff it out. And leaving some where with them would mean more use of funds we just don’t have. please help us with resources or anything please. Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Look into a weatherization program. Call your local community action agency for Arizona. Weatherization may be able to fix your air conditioner for you, especially in this heat. Find a listing of assistance in Maricopa County. The two local choices are the Glendale and Peoria Community Action Program (CAP). Dial 602-506-5911. They run energy bill and weatherization assistance programs. Also try calling the Mesa Salvation Army (phone number 480-962-9103)
Marybeth wrote:Hello, I’m emailing you from Phoenix, Arizona. It’s in regards to my downstairs Air conditioner not working. One day it just turned off and my husband and I have tried countless things to try to get it going but no luck. Unfortunately we can not contact a technician due to extreme prices. At this time, our family of four is only supported by my husband due to my loss of work. because of the lack of the lower unit not working the upstairs unit has to work three times as hard to try and keep up with the impossible demand. Our SRP M-Power card it draining $15 a day. We have taken everything possible upstairs, including dinner due to the 95 degrees temp downstairs. Another complication is that it’s summer and our daughters aren’t in school ( where it’s cool) so the are refrained to the upstairs only. If it was just my husband and I dealing with these temps we’d tuff it out. And leaving some where with them would mean more use of funds we just don’t have. please help us with resources or anything please. Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Maxiecow

Post by Maxiecow »

Hello, I live in Lexington,N.C., I have no job,I am currently looking for work, I have been looking for a year, but thus far no offer's.I have been living off my savings but now that has been exhausted, I have NO funds at all. I need help with paying my bill's, Today there are going to cut off my power, I want to the Salvation Army, they said they could help with some of the bill, I would have to come up with the 55$ to pay the rest,I don't have it.I am about to be evicted from my appt.,I owe 2 months rent, my landlord was kind enough to work with me but he needs the money now to off set his expenses,I understand that. Please I need a response today if possible, like soon. This has taken it's toll,I'am feeling hopeless and very frighten, I have fallen in a depression and I can't seem to get out of, your response ASAP would greatly appreciated, thank-you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Great that tried the Salvation Army. Try calling or visiting some of the other Davidson NC assistance programs and charities. Places like the Fairgrove Family Resource Center in another non-profit in the region. Dial (336) 472-7217
Maxiecow wrote:Hello, I live in Lexington,N.C., I have no job,I am currently looking for work, I have been looking for a year, but thus far no offer's.I have been living off my savings but now that has been exhausted, I have NO funds at all. I need help with paying my bill's, Today there are going to cut off my power, I want to the Salvation Army, they said they could help with some of the bill, I would have to come up with the 55$ to pay the rest,I don't have it.I am about to be evicted from my appt.,I owe 2 months rent, my landlord was kind enough to work with me but he needs the money now to off set his expenses,I understand that. Please I need a response today if possible, like soon. This has taken it's toll,I'am feeling hopeless and very frighten, I have fallen in a depression and I can't seem to get out of, your response ASAP would greatly appreciated, thank-you.
Ditka

Post by Ditka »

I live in Montgomery County Maryland. I am normally capable of paying all of my normal bills, but the past 3 months have thrown me a couple curve balls that have set me back, and all though I am trying my best to work with utility companies and creditors, I am now in a dire straights with my electric bill. In June my cars (Honda) transmission went out and I had to have it repaired because it is the only vehicle I have that will accommodate, my wife and I and our 2 children. The cost of that repair was $2800, which I depleted my savings paying for, and in July my engine blew up in my Toyota, which I use for my commute to and from my job at a computer company daily, which is a 40 mile round trip 5 days per week. I put a used engine in it from a local auto dealer, and that cost me $2100, which was paid in two payments over 3 pay periods, but unfortunately this delayed the payment of my electric, and propane bills. I have satisfied my propane account, but SMECO is demanding $800.10 by
Monday the 3rd of October, or they will disconnect my electric, and they have refused to allow me to make monthly payments to bring the account current. I have
never had to ask for assistance, but I have nowhere else to turn, so can you please consider my circumstances, and assist in this matter.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why is the utility company demanding so much money? That seems to us to be very steep for any type of heating bill. Once you start spending that much money to fix a car, it can often make more sense to buy a new car (or a "new" used car). As the car can become a money pit at that time.
Back to the utility bills owed, here are our Maryland energy bill assistance programs for grants and other forms of financial aid. Southern Maryland Electric Company's (is that your provider?) offers Project Match phone 301-274-4474 for financial assistance. Call them.
Ditka wrote:I live in Montgomery County Maryland. I am normally capable of paying all of my normal bills, but the past 3 months have thrown me a couple curve balls that have set me back, and all though I am trying my best to work with utility companies and creditors, I am now in a dire straights with my electric bill. In June my cars (Honda) transmission went out and I had to have it repaired because it is the only vehicle I have that will accommodate, my wife and I and our 2 children. The cost of that repair was $2800, which I depleted my savings paying for, and in July my engine blew up in my Toyota, which I use for my commute to and from my job at a computer company daily, which is a 40 mile round trip 5 days per week. I put a used engine in it from a local auto dealer, and that cost me $2100, which was paid in two payments over 3 pay periods, but unfortunately this delayed the payment of my electric, and propane bills. I have satisfied my propane account, but SMECO is demanding $800.10 by
Monday the 3rd of October, or they will disconnect my electric, and they have refused to allow me to make monthly payments to bring the account current. I have
never had to ask for assistance, but I have nowhere else to turn, so can you please consider my circumstances, and assist in this matter.
Astroburner

Post by Astroburner »

Couple of months ago I made payment arrangements with Va Dominion Power. Financially I couldn't commit on the 1st payment due. I now have the money and they say I have to pay whole amount of $1440 2day or my service will be terminated 2day. I offered to pay $600 which is much more than the 1st payment agreed upon. They said they will accept my payment but my service will still be terminated. The worst of it that if they turn it off, not only will I have to pay the whole amount of $1440.00 to have it reconnected but they are adding a additional $200 for a deposit. Please someone help me and give me advice on what I can do. Im hoping that i can get my girls fed, dressed and off to school b4 they so cruelly take away our luxuriously that we never take for granted.I m a single Mom. If they cut it off I will not be able to recover. I wont have nothing for Christmas will