Debt counselors for seniors

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Geraldine
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Debt counselors for seniors

Post by Geraldine »

Hi. My girlfriend and I are merging our families together. We are in our 50s' so considered to be seniors. We really need to talk to a debt counselor about options we may have as she is swimming in debt. We have good paying jobs but nearly 700$ a month go to just credit cards.
We live in St Helens Oregon, near Portland, Oregon.
Do you have any suggestions / perhaps a counselor we could speak with? Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Debt counselors for seniors

Post by Admin »

One suggestion is a debt management plan. They can help with credit cards, though $700 a month is a lot. There are also credit counselors in Oregon for free advice as well.

Geraldine wrote:We have good paying jobs but nearly 700$ a month go to just credit cards.
We live in St Helens Oregon, near Portland, Oregon.
Do you have any suggestions / perhaps a counselor we could speak with? Thank you,
Steveo12

Post by Steveo12 »

Hi, I am looking for a program to help me get my debts straighten out and fixed. I want to have a good future in retirement and debt free, good credit and maybe some advice how to do our budget, etc....I am a senior looking at my twilight years, and need a counselors to get the debt under control.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have tips listed on how to make your retirement savings last. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... onger.html
That will help you balance the budget and live within means going forward, then pay down the debt over time. Also look into free counseling from a non-profit.
Aaron1

Post by Aaron1 »

Dear Organization, I live in Southern CA and I am a senior. I would like to speak to a debt counselor to help me with 6 high interest rate personal loans. I do not want to file a bankruptcy, but lower payments. The largest loan I have is for $2600.00, but the interest is so high I owe about $18000.00. I’m aware your agency is out of state, but can you send me email addresses, or phone numbers of any such agencies in Southern CA for debts? It would be greatly appreciated. Brenda La Court.