Legal help for applying for disability

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
McDaniels
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Legal help for applying for disability

Post by McDaniels »

Hi, my brother is 55 years old. One weekend last year he had multiple heart attacks and ended up at the Hospital. He ended up having quadruple heart bypass. He has not been able to work since then. The doctor had him apply for disability. He was unable to get this since he mostly worked for cash in the carpentry/handyman trade all his life. His heart is currently only functioning at 38% which makes it hard for him to do his former work. He also has been diagnosed with COPD. His legs cannot carry him more than one block before they start shooting pain and going numb. He is currently receiving Medicaid until January, and receives $200 a month in food stamps.

He can only work for 15-20 minutes at a time and then he has to take a break because he gets very weak and dizzy. So his old employers will not let him work for them anymore. He has no income and needs help paying his bills. His two sons are trying to help him but they are struggling financially as well.

I googled free legal services for him. He is currently trying to get social security to provide him with something each month, even if it is only $500. So he needs some type of representation.

I found your website and email address while googling. My brother does not have a computer or internet access. Can you please provide a phone number for him to contact you for assistance?
Thank you very much for your assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Legal help for applying for disability

Post by Admin »

Law firms do offer charitable legal aid. One goal is to usually help people apply for public benefits, including disability. Can he live with one of the two sons? They can share living expenses in that case, as disability will not pay enough for a 55 year old man to live on. Try the government funded legal programs for the support you need in applying for SSDI disability.
Earningsp

Post by Earningsp »

I'm 35 years old. I'm need legal to help me file for SSA DISABILITY. After child support comes out of my check I bring home 494.00 a month. Right now I need help getting the power turn on. I live in Rock Hill SC 29730.
It's 200.00. I don't have a car getting so hard for any kind of job not happening. I fell 30 feet and broke everything. Lung tissue removed, hip replacement, metal plates are on my collar bone and in my leg. Anyhow if there is anything out there legally to help me get disability or in my new place let me know.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are several steps to take applying for disability, but that will not bring you in much money. Maybe a few to several hundred per month total as it seems you have a lower income job and/or child support. So you may need to take other measures, even if an attorney can help you get SSI. Note the process also takes many months/years.
Earningsp wrote:I'm 35 years old. I'm need legal to help me file for SSA DISABILITY. After child support comes out of my check I bring home 494.00 a month. Right now I need help getting the power turn on. I live in Rock Hill SC 29730.
It's 200.00. I don't have a car getting so hard for any kind of job not happening. I fell 30 feet and broke everything. Lung tissue removed, hip replacement, metal plates are on my collar bone and in my leg. Anyhow if there is anything out there legally to help me get disability or in my new place let me know.
G Hucker

Post by G Hucker »

I need help. I served my country from 1957-65. I worked all my life. I am 75 years old. My last job for a company ended in May 2015. I applied for unemployment, the extensions ended December 2016.
All I have is my social security of 1,200 a month.
My wife has an illness she applied for disability its been over 9 months and I cannot afford an attorney to hurry up a system that takes LONG that I paid into over 60 years! Can someone help me?