Furnace and water heater

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Doler
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Furnace and water heater

Post by Doler »

I live with my elderly mother who is 83 years old. I moved in with her after going through a foreclosure so I was already having financial difficulties and most of the household bills have fallen on me. The furnace is broken down and I do not have a means to buy a new one. The water heater just busted and had to get if fixed the house is also in need of rewiring. The house was built in 1950 and my mother moved in to the house in 1978 and the house has not been rewired since my mother has lived in it. Also some of the sockets no longer work and I feel that this can be a real ticking time bomb if something is not done soon please help.
scurry

Re: Furnace and water heater

Post by scurry »

I am disabled and I need a hot water heater installed so I will have hot water. My old hot water played out and I am having trouble get another installed. I am on disability and it is too expensive to pay a plumber myself. The quotes are extremely expensive and I can't pay by myself Could you point me in the direction of an agency that will assist with this situation.
Burgundy

Post by Burgundy »

I am contacting you for any help you may be able to provide. I work for the a local retailer in Liberty Missouri. I have an individual on my caseload who currently lives with his grandmother in Clay County Missouri. Their furnace just went out and cannot afford to fix it. The quotes they have received thus far include one for a boiler running between 6-7 thousand dollars and one to make the house more energy efficient including duct work at closer to 9 thousand. After talking with his grandmother, they would much rather go with the central unit to make the home more energy efficient. Do you have any programs available that would help this man with development disabilities as well as his elderly grandmother out?
Any information would be grand.
Thanks so much for any assistance you can provide.
Brady12

Post by Brady12 »

I am unemployed, disabled, I have applied for SSDI, due to MS, I have been denied twice but my attorney is fighting for me. My hot water heater is about to die. I have contacted local charities and local plumbing supply companies to no avail. I priced the hot water heater thru Gloucester Plumbing supply the price is $396.00 with tax included. My brother in law is a plumber, so he can install it for free. I am begging for assistance in the purchasing of the essential appliance.
Sam Tool

Post by Sam Tool »

Thank you all for the good work you do in helping others in need. I had to get a new water heater. I have LHEAP and PSE&G did the work and are putting it on my bill to pay off in 24 months. The bill was $1700.00 and I do not have the extra money per month to do so. Are there any grants or other financial aid that I may ask for help? Thank you for taking your time to help me.