Looking for resources for my clients

State and local government assistance programs.
Linag
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Looking for resources for my clients

Post by Linag »

Hello,
I work for the Fort Hood Area Habitat for Humanity in Killeen, TX. I am searching for resources for some of the elderly and/or disabled families in the Bell County area, in particular a elderly & disabled family in Temple to where the lady of the house had both legs amputated and has no way to get into her bathroom to shower and the like, the husband just had surgery himself and is desperately trying to take care of his wife. They desperately need help with reconstruction to make the bathroom wheelchair accessible, but their VA income is almost nonexistent and the resources in our area seem to be getting just as scarce. (We are just a small Habitat and do not have the programs some of the bigger affiliates have). We receive calls such as this on average 2 or 3 times a week.
There was an organization in Killeen that helped with remodels and handicap accessible services that recently ran out of funding.
Any information that you can pass along for these poor families would be such a blessing.
Thank you in advance for any information.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking for resources for my clients

Post by Admin »

Thank you for touching base. We have tons of information on resources in Bell County Texas. Maybe you can put this information on your Habitat for Humanity webpage? While there are not many programs for reconstructing a house, there is help for the disabled and elderly in the community. Especially the low income that have only VA benefits, they tend to be given priority. Locate the Bell County financial assistance programs.
Weather Kardishian

Re: Looking for resources for my clients

Post by Weather Kardishian »

Hello, the assistance I need is rental assistance for my client. Him and his partner lost his job early July, and we are left with no way to figure out our rent. He has been looking for a job and we are trying our best to come up with what is due. But they are stuck. their rent is due and on top of that our light bill came in that is due ASAP. Please help them as they have a 9 month old baby and it is their only roof.