Short term hardship so can't afford school supplies

State and local government assistance programs.
Starbucker123
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Short term hardship so can't afford school supplies

Post by Starbucker123 »

I am wondering if you have programs where they can help you with school clothes and school supplies for I really need help. Both me and my husband are unemployed right know and school just around the corner. I have three kids in school, 2 in high school and one in elementary.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Short term hardship so can't afford school supplies

Post by Admin »

Well, of course we never make promises, but there are places to try for school supplies. We usually recommend so called clothing closets. These can be at churches, charities, and other sites. The high school kids can also work to buy items for themselves. But find local clothing closets.
Mccant

Post by Mccant »

I need to get school supplies and clothing for my 12 year old son. I have tried doing odd jobs to try and raise money, but I ended up in the emergency room with fatal heat stroke. I am 47 years old and have been a single mother almost 11 years. I have always done what ever I needed to do to provide for my son, but since I got sick my equilibrium is off and this desert heat has become unbearable.
I feel embarrassed for my son who says if we can't afford school items that he doesn’t want to go to school and be ashamed, he would rather not go and get a job. Please if their is any way I can see a smile on my sons face and a sense of relief for myself. The idea of my son dropping out of school I can not see him ever being able to get ahead and I will be devastated if he gets lost and stuck in the city of DHS.
Bradford

Post by Bradford »

Hello I am in desperate need of school supplies and clothing for my three children. I have nothing for them so far I have been trying to get them some things little at a time and due to bills and rent I have been unsuccessful. I have 4 children and I would be really grateful if there is any way your organization could bless my 3 children with some school supplies and clothing. We are hoping this hardship will end soon. GOD BLESS ME PRAY TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE SOON. THANK YOU!
Alcatraz

Post by Alcatraz »

Hi, I have 3 children that I will not be able to provide any kind of school clothes or supplies for this year and I don't have any family that can help me here. I feel awful that my children has nothing for the new school year. My oldest son has autism and is hard to go places because he has problems with crowds. If you know of any place that I could get any kind of help it will surely be a blessing.
Gronk

Post by Gronk »

I am a single mother of 3. A 13 year old girl, an 11 year old boy and a 4 year old girl. I am living with my brother and trying to find a place to live. My children state school 8/6/2016 and I do not have money at this time for school supplies and clothes. I was hoping someone could help our family. Thank you and God bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Good for you to live with your brother and family until you can get back on track. There are some charities and other groups that may offer clothes, and your kids can tell them you need school items. As far as supplies such as notebooks, pens, etc. you can try some of the other back to school drives too. Anyway there is a list of programs here, and find back to school assistance programs.
Gronk wrote:I am a single mother of 3. A 13 year old girl, an 11 year old boy and a 4 year old girl. I am living with my brother and trying to find a place to live. My children state school 8/6/2016 and I do not have money at this time for school supplies and clothes. I was hoping someone could help our family. Thank you and God bless.
Billy Bush

Post by Billy Bush »

I am in need of back to school help with my four kids. I am unsure where to turn. I just had my second major back surgery July 7th. I have not been able to work in 3 years and we are struggling. Please if you can help me with information or help. We are having a hard time with bills etc and I don't want them to suffer from my hardship, and I want them to have supplies. Thank you. I can send any information you may need.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

4 kids? You may qualify for an assistance program. Or try on of the seasonal discount services, which also help with school supplies. There are many listed on our site here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... vents.html
Billy Bush wrote:I am in need of back to school help with my four kids.