Find how to get help with rent
Lebron
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Parents do not want me living with them anymore

Post by Lebron »

Good Morning,
I wanted to inquire some information on housing assistance. I am 28 years old and am a newly single mother. I have two children ages 5 and 3, it has been 6 years since I have had a job since I have been taking care of my children and am no longer with their father. I have currently been living with my parents for the past 3 weeks, but have no choice but to seek out help with finding a job and a place for my children and I till we get on our feet, since I can't risk my parents getting kicked out of their house due to their landlord not wanting anyone but them living here especially children. I would greatly appreciate any guidance you can lend me on any programs I could get into to do my part for my children.
Hibernation

Re: Parents do not want me living with them anymore

Post by Hibernation »

Hello, my name is Stephanie.  I need help paying my rent...I rent out a basement from my parents with my 5 month old daughter week to week and since losing my job because of no childcare. I applied for unemployment and got denied I am waiting on an appeal. I am behind in rent like 2 months and my parents won't let me live here anymore, in their basement. I don’t know where else to turn I have never had to ask for help before! I don’t even have a reliable cell phone it works over Wi-Fi but my landlord has Wi-Fi___.Thank you for your time!
    Stephanie
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Parents do not want me living with them anymore

Post by Admin »

If you need to move out of the basement, then try a rapid rehousing program in Minnesota. The agencies that offer homeless prevention may also have ideas on childcare, wi-fi programs, as well as other services. Read about them and find more details on homeless prevention in MN here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tion_.html
Hibernation wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:45 am Hello, my name is Stephanie.  I need help paying my rent...I rent out a basement from my parents with my 5 month old daughter week to week and since losing my job because of no childcare. I applied for unemployment and got denied I am waiting on an appeal. I am behind in rent like 2 months and my parents won't let me live here anymore, in their basement. I don’t know where else to turn I have never had to ask for help before! I don’t even have a reliable cell phone it works over Wi-Fi but my landlord has Wi-Fi___.Thank you for your time!
    Stephanie