Help paying rent in New York

Find how to get help with rent
jpgolf.416
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help paying rent in New York

Post by jpgolf.416 »

I currently live in NY with my girlfriend with whom I rent an apartment with, she lost her job about a year ago due to economic cut backs, I was able to keep up with everything until now, she is finally back to work and I currently still work full time although it is too late, the land lord wants us out by August 26th unless we pay up what we owe. Because we are behind it is hard for us to catch up, we can afford the rent now on a monthly basis but we cant afford to pay them the 3 months we owe them, I tried giving them 500 dollars here and there to show I am making an effort but late fees and court fees just start pilling up, I tried Socail services, they denied us because we make too much money, we tried church services, they denied us because we're more than one month behind, if we could find some kind of one time bailout in these desperate times to keep us off the streets, we would greatly appreciate it, we need help and need it fast, we both have nowhere to go if this happens, and our credit will be damaged to far for us to get another place, PLEASE HELP
shaf_Mercardo
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help paying rent in New York

Post by shaf_Mercardo »

IN NEW YORK THE LAST PROGRAM (WORKING ADVANTAGE ) HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY FEBRUARY 2012 ..THERE IS ONLY ONE PROGRAM THAT I KNOW OF AND THAT IS FEPS. BUT IN ORDER TO QUALIFY YOU HAVE TO BE IN HOUSING COURT ,OPEN PUBLIC ASSISTANCE CASE . I AM ON DISABILITY AN DO NOT WANT MY ISSUE TO GET TO COURT. MY RENT EXCEEDS MY MONTHLY INCOME. WHAT ASSISTANCE OR INFORMATION CAN YOU OFFER TO HELP ME?
Wacca

Post by Wacca »

Greetings
In the past year I have lost over 4 apartment due to Government issues with rent programs, Land Lords kicking me out due to selling of there home, home being foreclosed and other issues. I am currently and have been for the past 2 years living in a storage room on the floor in a house in crown heights Brooklyn in NYC and need help getting out of the unhealthy living situation. I been seeking help but I have ether been shut down or turned away due to my income being SSDI and at this point I don't know what to do or where to go. Only GOD ALMIGHTY knows. I am in need your help in any way I been looking for apartment for over a year and I wish I can buy a house due to all the hell I been trough the past 4 years. Please someone contact me. I need your help.
Thank you and God bless
SoyB

Post by SoyB »

Hello. I am inquiring about help paying my rent. I live in new York. I’m 43 year old who recently applied for SSDI. I am not working and awaiting to hear if I get approved or denied. I have chronic cirrhosis of the liver and may need a liver transplant. I also have hepatitis B. I also have type 1 diabetes mellitus. I also have diabetic neuropathy in the feet. I cant take any pain prescription medication due to the severity of my liver. I also cant take any medication for my neuropathy due to having a low platelet count. I even cant take Tylenol or aspirin. As you can see I am very ill. I live alone. If you need anymore information please let me know.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The agencies may want you to wait on your SSDI application before offering any rent help. this will often be required in New York as applicant need to have some source of income. So call around, and see what you can find out. Maybe some have assistance for you, or referrals. Click here.
Stevie99

Post by Stevie99 »

I really need help with my rent. I was supposed to start a job 3 weeks ago but I got really sick and they filled my job so now I can't pay my bills for the month. It’s pretty bad when your electric and gas bill is more than your rent in NYC each month. That seems like where all my money goes....towards my gas electric.
Mander56

Post by Mander56 »

Good morning,
I called 311 in New York City to ask about emergency services as I'm about to be evicted. I'm a single white female about to lose my apartment due to a lay-off earlier in the year.
I have been struggling to find work in NYC in order to keep my home but I can't find anything. I'm mildly disabled but receive no help from the government, state, or any people.
If there is something you can do to help PLEASE help me. I'm desperate.
Person

Post by Person »

Hello,
I am in need of some assistance we don't have an eviction notice but our rent is due on Tuesday. I have no money to pay it. I am the only sole provider right now. My electric bill is due on the 10th. I went down to the welfare office on Friday and they told me I make too much. But I don't see that. I make rough about 350 every two weeks.
We are a family of 3. I just do this on my own I need help with my bills just to help me get back on our feet. Our jeep broke down and we have been scraping up change to try and keep renting this you haul truck we have been we just can't afford it anymore. Our engine died in our jeep. My husband used it for work and because we have no car he can't work. We're just in a stuck situation and I just don't know how to get out of this one this time.
I would greatly appreciate your help. I am in the York city district.
If someone can help me and point me in the right direction. I thank you so much.
Feel free to contact me.
British

Post by British »

Hi. I am a single mother in NYC. Me and my best friend have been living together for 4 year raising are boys who are blood Brothers that have same father. We have an eviction notice that was up on Friday.
I am looking to move due to DV but need help with this 72 hour notice. We don't want an eviction.
Please any information helps. Looking for work but been hard as my older son been in and out of hospital due to blood sugar dropping low. Any questions feel free to contact me via email. Thank you and God bless.