Help with Medical Bills In Alabama

Help with paying medical bills
nadine
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with Medical Bills In Alabama

Post by nadine »

My husband has torn his achilles heel and possibly the muscle in his leg. I finally convinced him to see a DR. yesterday since the accident happened in Oct. 2009. He went to the E.R. and had an x-ray and was told he had a torn achilles heel but needed an MRI. He wouldnt do it because we dont have insurance and it was done at home. He has still been working all this time and in alot of pain. Im pretty sure he has done more damage. The Dr. says he needs a MRI but it can be expencive but maybe we can work something out. My problem is...he will have to have surgery and at this point I dont know if he will ever be able to go back to work. While he is out of work the bills keep rolling in, I am on disibility and bring in 821.00 a month not to mention we are raising one of our grandchildren and school starts in 2 months and he will need clothes and school supplies. If he has this surgery we will need all the help we can get with the medical bills. We live in Alabama and I dont know where to start for help. If you can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
Nadine
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with Medical Bills In Alabama

Post by Admin »

Sounds like you need help with all bills. In Alabama, here are some resources.
Call your utility company and ask about Project Share or Operation Warm. Both of these are Alabama specific energy programs.
What county do you live in? I can post some county spefic programs if I have that information. In the meantime, here is a list of other assistance programs in Alabama.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html