(LIHEAP) Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Nancyle1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

(LIHEAP) Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program

Post by Nancyle1 »

I need help with with all of my Utilities Bills. My patience die 2 month ago and I don't have a job at this time. I am 66 years old. I would like to know about the program called (LIHEAP) Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program Block Grant. My Cell Phone is off at this time because I can afford to pay my at this time. Please help with any Assistance you can provide me. I am facing a crisis with my energy bills

Thanks
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: (LIHEAP) Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program

Post by Admin »

The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, which is abbreviated as LIHEAP, is a federal government program that helps people pay for heating, cooling, and energy bills. The aid is targeted towards low income, the elderly, and disabled. Funds are used for both a crisis situation, and to help make regular, recurring utility bill payments. Overall the funding is extensive, and helps millions of people each and every year.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Nancyle1 wrote:I need help with with all of my Utilities Bills. My patience die 2 month ago and I don't have a job at this time. I am 66 years old. I would like to know about the program called (LIHEAP) Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program Block Grant. My Cell Phone is off at this time because I can afford to pay my at this time. Please help with any Assistance you can provide me. I am facing a crisis with my energy bills

Thanks
Macra

Post by Macra »

I have an electric bill of $1800.. I only work 2 nights a week as a waitress and i make about $60 a week.. I am looking for any help i can find to help me pay this huge dept, including LIHEAP. They are constantly turning my lights off and my son has an asthma machine that he uses regularly... Can i find somewhere that may be able to help me? Can they really turn my power off if we use an asthma machine? Can the government low income program help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You live in New Jersey? I do not think an utility company can turn your power off if you have a medical need. I think that may be illegal and you definitely have rights in this case. Try contacting a pro bono attorney who can provide legal advice, if you have certain income limits. It sounds like you do. Here is the info on how to get pro bono and free legal advice in New Jersey.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... dvice.html
Macra wrote:I have an electric bill of $1800.. I only work 2 nights a week as a waitress and i make about $60 a week.. I am looking for any help i can find to help me pay this huge dept, including LIHEAP. They are constantly turning my lights off and my son has an asthma machine that he uses regularly... Can i find somewhere that may be able to help me? Can they really turn my power off if we use an asthma machine? Can the government low income program help?
erkel

Post by erkel »

I have a friend that needs help and I have tried everything I can think of, including the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. So I'm asking if anyone knows how to help her with getting her lights turned back on she has been out of lights for a month now and no money to get them back on. This can even be life threatening, and I do not understand how LIHEAP program can't give them money for this. She lives by her self and no family she is disabled and has to have oxygen right now she uses portable bottles for her oxengen. I take her warm food because she has no way to cook. she takes cold baths because she dose not have hot water because no lights. Please some one Help us help her PLEASE! We have tried everything! Thank you and I hope to hear from someone!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It does sound like you want to try the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). This is funded by the feds, and can help people who are facing a life threatening situation like it sounds like your friend is.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
erkel wrote:I have a friend that needs help and I have tried everything I can think of, including the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. So I'm asking if anyone knows how to help her with getting her lights turned back on she has been out of lights for a month now and no money to get them back on. This can even be life threatening, and I do not understand how LIHEAP program can't give them money for this. She lives by her self and no family she is disabled and has to have oxygen right now she uses portable bottles for her oxengen. I take her warm food because she has no way to cook. she takes cold baths because she dose not have hot water because no lights. Please some one Help us help her PLEASE! We have tried everything! Thank you and I hope to hear from someone!
Medtronoc

Post by Medtronoc »

I don’t know who else to turn to. I have a Judgment against me since 2007 with We Energies Comp. I’m trying to pay this bill with them and have called three times trying to paying it off as the Judgment was for the amount of $1,998. And now with interest it when up to $3,134. I need help with this bill and I don’t know who else to turn too with this problem.
I can for sure pay more than half but We Energy are not trying to hear me. Instead they afford me a monthly payment as part of LIHEAP for only 12 months of $269. I can’t pay this off each month. I’m just trying to pay the full amount and clear it from my credit report as I’m trying to build my credit to be a first time homeowner. I’m a single mother of 4 children trying to make it and provide a good future for them as a low income family. I truly appreciated it if there is any grant out there that would help me with this bill or if you can guide me in the right direction for other help. Thank you!
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

Energy help needed from LIHEAP as have disconnect notice. I have trouble paying rent, and no money for anything else. I need food, gas, car payments a hit & miss, and I have been pushed. My income was dropped by employer, then lost job. I have used every 'dime' we had stuffed way, and am now broke. Have skills & opportunity for extra income, but no money to get in the door. Could be changing our lives and others lives too, but instead this is killing us. I would be a 'pay forwarder'.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, as you said you need alot more then energy bill help. So not sure how that in itself will assist you, but trying applying for LIHEAP in Hawaii. Maybe the community action agency can help you, or tell you where to go for that "laundry" list of needs.