Single mom trying to keep our home

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
325smile
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Single mom trying to keep our home

Post by 325smile »

I am a single Mom with 2 great children. I am going to be 3 months behind on my mortgage as of December 1st. I am modifying my mortgage and need to stay only 2 months behind I was paying on time and then my car died. I was without one for over a month and live in a very rural area with no public transportation. I had to rent cars, get rides and miss work. I start work at 5am...tough time to ask for a ride. I had to turn down my extra hours and unable to work my little 2nd job. Finally bought a 1995 jeep Cherokee which broke down every week for 4 weeks.....close to 1000 in repairs. Now this month, My daughter has begun applying to colleges at 50 to 100.00 per app. She qualified for a few app waivers but not enough. She is a national honor student, top of her class and a 3 sport varsity player all 4 years in high school. She has worked so hard to get to this point!! Do I pay the mortgage or invest in her future?!? I am short 500.00 and she needs to apply to a few more schools asap for the payment I must make on Monday!! Because of illness and divorce my credit is poor and cannot get a short term loan. Any suggestions?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Single mom trying to keep our home

Post by Admin »

Hi,
We recommend non-profit HUD counseling for any mortgage questions/issues. The counselors will go over all options with you, ranging from modifications to what bills you should pay, etc. There are agencies in each state. We definitely recommend starting with them for advice, and locate the HUD foreclosure counseling agencies by state. They operate in all parts of the country.
325smile

Post by 325smile »

Hi. Thank you. I am already in the process of working with my mortgage company on a modification. They told me not to fall three months behind as it makes the process more difficult. I only have until the 30th to make that 3rd payment and I will not make it.
I have terrible credit due to my divorce and medical bills. I was looking for a way to pay that payment with a small short term Ioan. At this point it is too late and I will, as always, roll with the punches. You have great website with great information!! Thank you!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Are you in Alabama? if so, there are several state and non-profit programs offered. You can find them here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ortga.html
But yes, work with your lender on solutions first, then go from there.
325smile wrote:Hi. Thank you. I am already in the process of working with my mortgage company on a modification.
Kevin L

Post by Kevin L »

Good Morning,
I am a single mom with 8 years twin girls who is facing foreclosure and I am trying to get our house. I have deadbeat ex-husband who is not paying child nor spousal support. I have already asked for help with the foreclosure and mortgage. I just hope for a good outcome.
Two weeks ago my old refrigerator stopped working, and as you know it is hard to live without one. I live in Oregon, it is pretty cold in here so all my food is placed outside. But eventually the weather will get better and I will not be able to do that.
I looked up and Oregon Stare offers assistance with free appliances up to $2000 (energy saving)
I checked everywhere and I could not find any applications. I am hoping to get assistance with that.. I will be grateful for your help.
I trying to start my bossiness and I do all I can so I can make income to help my pay my mortgage to stop the foreclosure.
I am an artist, I made my own website you are more than welcome to verify my information.
My work requires talking to the potential customers from home and visit is them, but recently my car stopped working, not sure what had happened but what I know is that I can’t leave my house. It is very frustrating that ambitious person like myself is fighting with so many obstacles. I want to do my work earn money show my girls that woman can do but I can’t . I really need help with my mortgage.
Please read my email and provide me with a good news. I am tired of fighting, whatever I am trying to do is not working well for me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Of course there are all the HUD counseling programs for homeowners, credit counseling, lender or back payment plans and more listed on the site. But some dedicated single mom programs may also give you financial help. Find there here at how to get financial help for a single mom.
Kevin L wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:00 pm Good Morning,
I am a single mom with 8 years twin girls who is facing foreclosure and I am trying to get our house. I have deadbeat ex-husband who is not paying child nor spousal support. I have already asked for help with the foreclosure and mortgage. I just hope for a good outcome.