Additional advice or help for the family I am supporting

State and local government assistance programs.
Spot Smith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Additional advice or help for the family I am supporting

Post by Spot Smith »

Good morning, I have a family in Hillsborough County that is going through some very hardships at this time. The wife is the only one working and the husband has been laid off since October. The husband is actively looking for employment and is going to interviews yet has not been offered a job. Last night the wife calls me reporting that she has received a notice on her door saying that she has 3 days to leave the property.
She was so upset and asked if I could keep their child and they would be moving to their car. I asked her to read me the notice and asked how long was she late on her rent and she said that about 2 weeks. She has paid her rent and this month she fell behind and was not able to pay yet. However, she tried to mediate the situation with the complex and asked for an extension and even to pay something now and catch up by the end of the month. The complex is refusing any attempts and now is threatening to initiate the eviction process.
I am helping the husband with locating employment and I feel just horrible for them. This is a hard working couple, experiencing some complex hardships for the first time. The wife has tried to request assistance yet every time she is faced with the same dilemma.....she works full time and makes "too much money" ....due to this too much money this family will be forced into the homeless lifestyle. Can you please help me help them???? Please guide me in the right direction....it breaks my heart that a family is thinking about having their child away from them so they can minimize her adjustment by keeping her in the same school and not living in a shelter or car.
Please let me know what I can do to guide them in the best direction.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Additional advice or help for the family I am supporting

Post by Admin »

That is always a challenge. Some people in Hillsborough County make too much money and may be considered "moderate" income. In many cases these people should use free budgeting and counseling services. This will help them allocate their salary to the proper bills. Another option to free up money is to use a food pantry, as those do not usually have restrictions. Also, she can look into a new home with a reduced rent in Florida. So it is really taken steps like those, and also find help in Hillsborough County Florida for those and other needs.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

Hi, I am 30 years old. I have a ten year old daughter and a 7 year old. I have been struggling to get away from abusive relationships for quite some time. I most definitely need counseling as well as advice to heal what damage I have gone through.
I am in a very difficult time right now I was in a bad relationship and was trapped due to having no place to go my dad's house is my only option which is not a livable environment due to many factors my oldest daughter is with her grandma right now to take care of her until I could. Things got bad enough I left my relationship and I am at my dad's house.
I am a school bus driver for Canyons school district. I have not received my first check. I am in desperate need to find a low income place. I am asking for help to get me and my girl into one.
I will be able take care of it from there I just don't have money to get into a place as well as advice for me and my family. My two daughters do have different dad's and I receive no child support at all. I can even pay back in payments any help I received. It's very important I am not staying at my dad's. He is a great man but there is no room, no hot water and so many animals it's unhealthy.
My mom has cancer and I am struggling with that as well. Please if there is any hope in help or guide nice from you. I would be so very appreciative. I am stuck in a horrible situation and I am a hard worker. I don't want a hand out and know I can repay any help I receive. Please respond ASAP,thank you for your time and consideration.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, there may be a better option than a low income place. How about a rent free apartment? Those are part of HUD section 8. Or some shared housing units may exist for that need too.
DeeDee wrote:Hi, I am 30 years old. I have a ten year old daughter and a 7 year old. I have been struggling to get away from abusive relationships for quite some time. I am in desperate need to find a low income place. I am asking for help to get me and my girl into one.
tiyoshi

Post by tiyoshi »

Jacksonville, FL in Portside Mobile Home Park. There are 3 small children in the home. (6 months, 4 years, 8 years). The roof is falling in. They are struggling badly, behind on mortgage (loss of work, starts a new job in 3 weeks) and the roof in falling in and need much help and advice (see pics). They have no money. I have no money to help. PLEASE, there must be someone that can help them or help me support them.
When they bought the place years ago...someone came and said they fixed the leak...now it is leaking in several places and there is black mold. This isn't healthy. This is URGENT. Please let me know ASAP if there is anyone out there that can help. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many resources in the Jacksonville FL area. When it comes to home repairs, those are rare. Also try habitat for humanity too. Or a charity. Find details here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... rogra.html
tiyoshi wrote:Jacksonville, FL in Portside Mobile Home Park. There are 3 small children in the home. (6 months, 4 years, 8 years).