Disabled veteran who served country needs support

State and local government assistance programs.
Conan12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disabled veteran who served country needs support

Post by Conan12 »

We are a family of four with my husband a disabled veteran. We both have been desperately seeking employment, however neither of us has had success. We have never needed help and our rent is almost his entire disability payment we receive monthly. We just paid February rent 13 days late and was lucky to get the assistance this time. Next month, I have no clue how we will pay our $1300 rent. This month we have not paid any bills. And struggle for diapers and food. We pray every nite our lord brings us out of this, as He has always provided for us. Blessings!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disabled veteran who served country needs support

Post by Admin »

We have all of that covered on our main site, including job training for veterans, rent programs, disability, and more. Usually veterans will get priority for any funding, so you have that going for you. Also look into SSVF or similar housing programs. Explore our main list of programs to locate programs for paying bills.
Brees

Post by Brees »

Hi I am a disabled Veteran. I have been homeless for months. I fled my abusive husband. The VA housed me in a room with bed bugs. I had to throw everything I owned away and buy new things. After the room got exterminated I went back and a few weeks later I started getting bites again. I left without taking anything. The days it was too hot to stay in my car I rented a motel room.
I recently got a HUD/VACh Apartment. But I have hardly any cloths, dishes, furniture and I can't pay my credit card bills or afford gas. My credit cards are maxed out. I Basically I have no money.
I am in a lot of pain due to a spinal cord injury and other injuries that accrued while I was in the military. I need help....My social worker had some advice but. I still need most things. I wish I would have been told about the hotel voucher. Anyway. Can you please find some real help for me? I live in Anne Arundel county Maryland. My zip is 21060.
mentalhealthday

Post by mentalhealthday »

I have been out of work since April this year, was let go from job in July this year as needed to have total hip replacement surgery I had September 19th. I am recovering, however just acquired apartment through Veterans/Lewiston housing as I was homeless, was living with parents, mother has severe mood issues, became volatile to stay there, so still unable to work for a while having physical therapy to recover from hip replacement.
I have rent to pay, car insurance, car payment 311.00 per month to pay so don't lose car, need gas money, I will definitely go back to work asap. Have dental bill still owe about $80.00 and I only get $263 per month for veteran’s disability even though I served our great country. I don't have enough to survive. Please help me in any way possible, I'd appreciate any help at all. Thank You.