disabled in wheelchair

State and local government assistance programs.
saydi_01027
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

disabled in wheelchair

Post by saydi_01027 »

I am in a wheelchair and need help accessing my independence by making modifications to my home and car .
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: disabled in wheelchair

Post by Admin »

There are various programs for the handicapped. What state/county/city do you live in? Many community action agencies are great resources. There are also various state and federal government assistance programs. If you provide me more info on where you live I can direct you to services and resources in your area.
Candy

Post by Candy »

I have been trying to get disability and it's still in the process. I am in a wheelchair, so I should qualify. I recently had to get food stamps but after losing work I have ran out of ideas to pay the rent. Please help me if you can. I live in the South Cove apartments in Indiana.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The agency that offered you food stamps should be able to direct you to disability programs too. Yes, since you are in a wheelchair, and you must have a low income if you get SNAP, you seem to be a perfect candidate. So call an office in Indiana for advice, and here is more information. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... stanc.html
Pleasant

Post by Pleasant »

My dad was recently told he will need to have his other leg amputee soon. He and his wife are both on SSI disability and are struggling to pay bills and for wheelchairs etc. The new challenges with being a double amputee is that his wheelchair will not fit in their bathroom because the house they are renting is very small and not handicap friendly. They cannot make chances because it's a rental plus they cannot afford it. Is there any help out there for someone in their situation? Please call me.