Retirees

State and local government assistance programs.
ceueller
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Retirees

Post by ceueller »

I am on 53 and on disability my husband will be 60 on 9/2 he is partially disabled and works part time. Our home was foreclosed on last year and I declared bankruptcy. We have approximately $2419.00 income a month. Our rent is $900.00 a month and utilities $126 with PIPP. Food assistance was cut to $16 month they say we make to much money. I have several outstanding medical bills (400), unpaid city taxes (325), unpaid lien from home (50) and I need to have a tooth extracted (?) We have no savings and cashed in any retirement funds a few years ago trying the save the house. We live very simply but have are struggling to pay each months bills let alone the additional medical and taxes or anything extra. Are there any programs that can assist us?
World of I

Re: Retirees

Post by World of I »

I currently retired and my social security is not enough to pay my bills. My daughter lost her job and is having trouble finding one. I have been sick and having to pay co-pays for all doctors visits and medications.
My rent is 2 months passed due at 650.00 a month. My electric is due to be cut off in 4 days. I have 7% of propane left and no means of income.
I have worked all my life and now to finally retire and not be able to pay for my own needs hurts and makes me want to just give up. I don't know how to make it nor to stay warm. I can't seem to get any help from any direction. They say I make too much money. They just look at the amount not what is coming out on bills, medicine and utilities the things I need to live. Thank you and I hope at least I get a response. Someone out there is going to help sooner or later...I just hope its not later.
Corvette19

Post by Corvette19 »

I just recently lost my home to foreclosure. I just recently found an apartment but before getting the apartment, there were lots of fees that is not a part of my budget, which is low since we retired. Hence, I am behind and everything and I'm having a hard time catching up with my utilities, car note and insurance. After I pay what I can of my expenses when I get paid, I do not have anything left for groceries for the house. I do have a 17 year old at home even though my husband and I are retirees. She is a high school Senior this year. She was diagnosed with epilepsy a few months back. I just need help with rent and/or utilities until I can see the light again.
Durham

Post by Durham »

Hello, I have two children age eight and six. I am common law married for seventeen years, my partner was employed at Cuse Correctional facility, in June he got pneumonia. He was employed there almost five years, he no longer healthy enough to work there.
He cashed in his retirement benefits. We were doing okay, but then our landlord gave us two week notice that she needed her house back so her and her family could move on. We felt that was not right, but she called her lawyer and cops, so we vacated. At that time there were no rentals available, even tried housing authority like five or six times I called and went in, they let me know it was not an emergency.
We then got a room at our local hotel and had rented a U hail, both those expenses were about $1,200. I qualified for SNAP benefits. We were able to get a trailer. I have been applying to numerous jobs. I am not having luck, my partner, has never quit felt better, and I think his pneumonia is back.
Our rent and public service are due, we no longer have any retirement benefits. We have sold almost everything we own, we have a car, also thinking about selling that, but as it is winter and have two kids to haul around, and they both have been sick off and on. I'm concerned, and getting anxious, I keep applying for jobs. I don't like having to ask for help, but do have my children and husband. Thank you for your time.
Brush Colorado 80723
Mary Smith

Post by Mary Smith »

I've been on SS Disability for 8 years and also retired. I was sick for two months and am behind one month on rent. I'm selling every thing I can but my landlord is charging me an addition $43 a Day for being late. I get paid once a month by SS disability and can't pay until the 15th, and my social security retirement comes at end/start of month and is not enough. If I could get any help with just the fees I may be able to stay in my place.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So are you a senior citizen or have the privilege of retiring early? if struggling assume not retire early...or did you make mistake like others and "try" to retire but not nearly enough saved/invested/too much debt, etc. Regardless, assuming you are a senior, try this for senior housing assistance. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... using.html
Mary Smith wrote:I've been on SS Disability for 8 years and also retired.