Single mom needs housing

Find how to get help with rent
ShannonS
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Single mom needs housing

Post by ShannonS »

Hello,
My sister is getting ready to have her first baby and really needs some help. She is due May 1, 2012 and was recently told by her Aunt, with whom she is currently staying with, that she needs to get out before the baby comes. My sister is receiving no help from her childs father, and unfortunately our family is not in the financial place to provide her with the help she needs. She currently does work at a local restaurant, but does not make enough to support herself and her baby. We live in Hayward, Ca which is in Alameda county. She has tried to apply for Section-8 housing, but the waiting list is currently closed and will not open until later on in 2012. She also tried to apply for "WIC" but was denied i believe. I have looked at "eden housing" also, but she would really need help with the security deposit i believe. I would really really appreciate some information about: -Where she can look for low-income housing -Programs like "wic" that she can apply for, for assistance with the baby -or whatever else can be beneficial to her. I have no kids, so i don't know exactly what type of help she will need or what type of help to ask for but, If anyone in your organization can provide us with any and all things you can think of, it would mean so much to my family.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Single mom needs housing

Post by Admin »

There are some programs that specifically focus on single, moms, families with children, and what you can call shared housing. One of the leading places for single mom housing can be found here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hou ... s_fro.html It allows people to share on housing and rental expenses, utilities, and other basic needs for families and individuals. And keep calling those housing agencies too for more information.
ShannonS wrote:Hello,
My sister is getting ready to have her first baby and really needs some help. She is due May 1, 2012 and was recently told by her Aunt, with whom she is currently staying with, that she needs to get out before the baby comes. My sister is receiving no help from her childs father, and unfortunately our family is not in the financial place to provide her with the help she needs. She currently does work at a local restaurant, but does not make enough to support herself and her baby. We live in Hayward, Ca which is in Alameda county. She has tried to apply for Section-8 housing, but the waiting list is currently closed and will not open until later on in 2012. She also tried to apply for "WIC" but was denied i believe. I have looked at "eden housing" also, but she would really need help with the security deposit i believe. I would really really appreciate some information about: -Where she can look for low-income housing -Programs like "wic" that she can apply for, for assistance with the baby -or whatever else can be beneficial to her. I have no kids, so i don't know exactly what type of help she will need or what type of help to ask for but, If anyone in your organization can provide us with any and all things you can think of, it would mean so much to my family.
Elephant

Post by Elephant »

I had a drastic change in my employment hours. I have falling behind on rent and utilities. I'm working 1 day a week from 4 days a week. I am soon expecting a first child. My girlfriend/mother of my soon child, does not live with me because I cannot afford to support 2 people at the moment. I am trying to find more work but not having any luck. I live 10 miles from the nearest big town with employment opportunity but I don't have a vehicle. The information on this site i am replying to is helpful to some extent. I am sadly to admit that I am not any good on the foot work. I am 25 years old and I ran In to some legal problems that hindered my hours at my current employment. Please only true feedback. I can't afford to rely on false hope at this time. Thank You.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

My mother is disabled and can't work. I her daughter, was working months ago and got laid off because of medical reasons, trying to find a job, but is very hard at the moment. We really need help now we might be getting kicked out of our apartment since they sold the building. How can we get help?
Guy Dupage

Post by Guy Dupage »

Hi, I live in Litchfield Illinois and need assistance with my rent. I'm in an Apartment now but I'm moving to Chicago Illinois to be closer to my job. I have looked at Apartment and houses and I can't afford it by myself I am I single mom of a daughter of the age of 5. I was just wondering who I should contact to get help with my house payment or my rent. I can be contacted at this email address.
David19

Post by David19 »

Hello,
I have been looking online for any kind of help I could qualify for regarding housing. My two daughters, 16 and 12 years of age would not be moving with me. I need to disconnect from the husband I have. I am working for minimum wage at a Laundromat and have been there since 2004, but am unable to make a rent payment alone. I have tried separating from my husband and move in with so called friends but that never works out. I pay my share of the rent and they blew it on everything but rent. Forced back into the bad situation I am currently in now, since I would have been living in my car otherwise. I have been patient trying to make our relationship work, and I have done so as long as I could. I wanted to raise my daughters, and I feel that has for the most part been accomplished. I need now to take of myself now, I have put all I can into the family, and I have kept together for 16 years. Well, now that you know probably more than what is called for, to answer the question I need answered I will put this in your hands and now, and hope for the best. Thank you for your time and have a nice day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So you need rental help in Chicago? Or where? Please clarify your request. Either way we have resource on rent and financial assistance in all parts of Illinois. Those agencies and non-profits to call can be found at our main link for Illinois, which is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Elephant

Post by Elephant »

I am a single mother of one full time and on the weekends I have all three of my kids. I do have a friend that lives with me and she helps when she is able to help and she is a single mother of three as well my income is very low and it makes it hard to pay for rent food and utilities. My income comes from SDI I have tried housing to no avail. I was told that because I got my daughter back from CPS and was on disability that I would be on the top of the list. I am running out of hope for any help I only get $1429.00 on disability. Please help me with my utilities and maybe get some kind of housing. We also need all the kids in one house hold we need of a bigger place. I do hope you can help me. I have worked hard to get my daughter back even when was homeless at the Salvation army and I want the best for her so please help me.
Sincerely grateful for any help.
jerebty

Post by jerebty »

I am in need of help with paying my rent in Chicago. I am $600 behind, which is about 3 months. My rent is $260 a month, in which I have paid $180 towards the balance. I just received an eviction notice. I am on SSDI, getting $720 a month. I am a single mother who has to pay electric, car insurance bill, phone bill, food, diapers, wipes and twice a week daycare. I work part time as a PCA, but I have to pay a daycare $100 a week to watch him from 8-4 on Monday and Wednesday. I have no family or friends willing to help me. I have always done things on my own. I hate not being able to pay for necessary things. I would really appreciate any help. I would be beyond grateful. Thank you.
JamesGag

Post by JamesGag »

I am looking for help for my younger sister and her 3 year old daughter who is in need of rental assistance this month. She is working, a single mom but her hours have been cut back and she is unable to make ends meet and pay her rent this month. She is facing an eviction notice Monday if she can’t find help to get her through her work blackout times. Thank you for any help you can give or direct me to.
Cassie_Smith

Post by Cassie_Smith »

I am a single mother of two children, have been in transition since 2012, and homeless as of May 15 8th, 2015. I am going thru family court over several different issues. My children and I became homeless as a direct result of a domestic violence case. We fled for our safety. But we are running out of options and a place to stay.
Father has been of no help or concern. I am employed and my children in school. We really just need a place to settle in and call our own, hoping we can start a new life and recover from our traumas. Please call me asap as we need all the help we can get. Housing is key to our situation and will allow me to pursue my career and provide a safe environment for my kids. We have been thru do much in the past few years. Please help us. Thank you in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many resources for single mothers, not just housing. If you have been have an issue since 2012, what have you done over those years? How have you fed your children, and what type of roof did they have over their hear. As maybe that agency can offer referrals too. We also have tips for you. Find some of those agencies and ways to get other support for single moms from our main site.
Crow

Post by Crow »

I AM SINGLE MOTHER OF 2 AND GOT EVICTED OUT OF MY APARTMENT IN AUGUST. I HAVE BEEN FROM HOME TO HOME AND FOUND A PLACE TO FINALLY LIVE. THE ONLY THING IS I CANT AFFORD THE DEPOSIT WHICH IS 1,400. I CAN COME UP WITH 700 BUT WAS LOOKING FOR HELP FOR THE OTHER HALF. I DO WOKR FULL TIME. AND I DO NOT GET CHILD SUPPORT.