VA benefits not enough for my rent

The main NHPB site has more information on local rent assistance programs.
Nomura
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

VA benefits not enough for my rent

Post by Nomura »

I'm a 55 year honorably discharged veteran in a two year Government Program in desert hot springs CA my two years are up and I haven't had time to save for a place to live.
I have completed all requirements in the program, I now receive Social Security Disable and a Service Related income, for my medical condition. I am still making my appointments at Loma Linda Hospital still under doctors care. I started just receiving this income when the IRS stopped intercepting payments On what I owed in the past.
I have been unemployed for the last 5 years and Homeless trying to get back on my feet. Also Social Security has informed me on a over payment which I asked for a waiver, but not sure if I did receive an over payment? I'm trying to take care of all this but first I need assistance on a place to live! Needing to-look in the Orange County la Palma area near my sister.
I’m single and would like to live close to family. If I receive assistance it would have to be low income as not knowing what I have to owe. I really need assistance or guidance. It would help me a great deal. I have tried help from the VA but not receiving any response.
I have a good running car, insurance and a license. I been seeking a loan to pay off what little I have of bills and for the first month rent and fees which will be paid back monthly through my direct deposit. I don't want to be homeless again as 5 years is enough. If you can help best way to contact me by Email.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: VA benefits not enough for my rent

Post by Admin »

There are housing programs for veterans in Tulare as well as Hot Springs. The federal government offers much more than the Social Security Disability your referred too....they also offer rent help from HUD-VASH, SSVF, and rapid rehousing among others. They also have made a decision to not content any previous overpayments to veterans, so explore that too. Try those Tulare County rent assistance programs.
Nomura wrote:I'm a 55 year honorably discharged veteran in a two year Government Program in desert hot springs CA my two years are up and I haven't had time to save for a place to live.
I have completed all requirements in the program, I now receive Social Security Disable and a Service Related income, for my medical condition. I am still making my appointments at Loma Linda Hospital still under doctors care. I started just receiving this income when the IRS stopped intercepting payments On what I owed in the past.