Both working and on disability, but still struggling

State and local government assistance programs.
Zach
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Both working and on disability, but still struggling

Post by Zach »

I'm in desperate need of assistance and would like to speak to someone about my situation. I’m on disability since 2011 and at the time I was single, well I’m married now my wife had a good job, but due to her illness was not able to continue work , so now the whole load is on me and I don't make enough to cover our monthly bills.
I'm behind on my rent and I am at the verge of eviction. I have utilities bills, food, gas, insurance bills for cars, and on top of that medical bills, that I can barely pay; I have tried to downsize as much as possible. I have be force to work in a environment that is extremely hard for me.
My doctors don't advise it, so if this a program that can help me I would grateful I live in South Dundee Florida 33838.
sasolis

Re: Both working and on disability, but still struggling

Post by sasolis »

Can you downsize home/apt to cut expenses? Can your wife find a reputable work at home job to bring in some type of income. If you can't make it on what you have you need to cut everything you can. Call 211 for local resource information. No one can call you from this site, just make recommendations on where to look for resources.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is quite a list of things you need assistance with. We use email and don't speak to customers. If your income doesn't support your monthly bills, then you need to downsize more or maybe take a different approach, such as moving in with friend/family to reduce your rent, sell car, etc. Or get a second job. But we do have many agencies that help with bills listed as well as information on programs throughout the site, so see what you can find.
PandaUpdate

Post by PandaUpdate »

I am suffering from Menieres and am trying to get disability along with my husband. I was denied the first time, now I'm appealing it. I have not worked for over a year, so we are struggling badly. I don't have money to pay for the gas Bill. I was paying the gas Bill and my daughter's in charge of the rent. There are 5 people living here, 2 children and 3 adults. My partner is in charge of the electric bill and he too can't find a job. The bills are too much for my daughter to pay all by herself. Please help. Thank you.