need help

State and local government assistance programs.
lee0323
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need help

Post by lee0323 »

i stay in a half way house in knoxville tn i need help paying my rent and getting a job but when i do get a job i cant get there to work .can sombody please help asap
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need help

Post by Admin »

try the Knoxville's Community Development Corporation (KCDC). They offer rental assistance programs for qualifying citizens, and can provide cash grants or other assistance.
http://www.ci.knoxville.tn.us/departments/kcdc.asp
lee0323 wrote:i stay in a half way house in knoxville tn i need help paying my rent and getting a job but when i do get a job i cant get there to work .can sombody please help asap
Tracey

Re: need help in Virginia

Post by Tracey »

I really need a person to help me figure all of this out. If there's anyone there like that...my kids really need you. My mom passed after i had been taking care of her for 6 mos.(my brother passed the day before her) then i found out that i was pregnant. i'm stuck in the house we shared with all of it on me. i'm a single mom with 3 young children that can't seem to get help from child support enforcement. i applied 2 1/2 yrs ago. he has worked and lived at the same place for 6 YEARS! Anyway my electric is going to be cut off tomorrow. gas-thurs. water 6/21. and i don't have the $ for a baby sitter so i can go to work. DO I JUST GIVE UP? don't worry, i won't. I don't have the money to pay a baby sitter so i can work (to pay a baby sitter). I already have work lined up at a temp agency, just not allowed to bring my kids. HELP! Tracey Thank you for reading. God bless
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need help in Virginia

Post by Admin »

While I am not sure exactly what utility company you use in Virginia, you do have several options and things you can do. The link below has info on local county programs and charities. In addition, try this options from utility companies.

First, try Virginia Natural Gas Energy Share Program. EnergyShare is also offered by other local utility companies. Families in need can get help with energy bill and gas bill payments. Assistance may be available if all alternatives available through social services and government agencies have been exhausted. Dial 543-8100

Some companies also offer Neighbor-to-Neighbor. If you have a disconnect notice this program may be able to provide aid. Call your utility company and ask about this resource. Some offer it, some don't.

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html