How can the disabled apply for Section 8

Find how to get help with rent
Cassandra
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

How can the disabled apply for Section 8

Post by Cassandra »

I am on disability and I am in need on obtaining a section 8 housing voucher. I currently live in New Orleans, Louisiana and the apartments where I currently live does accept section 8 vouchers. I am writing to you because I have tried to inquire and/or apply for one online and the sites are very confusing to say the least.
Could you please help me in finding the site where I can apply that is easy to navigate and not send me to several other sites that still do not provide enrollment for the voucher program or if possible, can you help me in what I need to do?
sasolis

Re: How can the disabled apply for Section 8

Post by sasolis »

Most are lottery based and you cannot sign up online. You need to speak with your local housing authority office or dept of family/child services.
D14

Post by D14 »

My mother is disabled and she has a Section 8 voucher that she wants to port out of Long Beach but housing is threatening to take her voucher away from her. She's only had the voucher for maybe 3 years after she was on the waiting list for over 10 years. I need help ASAP!
She's under a doctor's care also, housing has been very unprofessional in the way they have been treating her disabilities. She has been diagnosed with congestive heart failure and has a pacemaker. She also suffered an brain aneurysm. Please help her so she doesn't lose her voucher. We need help ASAP!
Snapon

Post by Snapon »

I am a single mother of two teenagers. I just got approved for Mishda, section 8. I have been neglected and health issues because of the homes. Two full of black mold, and septic issues. The last home was condemned. I'm having a hard time finding a house. I have balances on DTE and Consumers. Everyone wants to know if I can put those in my name. I am on SSI disability. I have no home my children can come to. Or myself to feel safe to lay my head down. Please help.
Ranson1

Post by Ranson1 »

I'm emailing for a friend of mine who lives on Ohio and is disabled. Her Landlord canceled her monthly lease with no reason given and now has to move to a new house within the next month, I believe she now has a security deposit for $550.00 and has no idea how she can come up with it. She is already on section 8. I was just wondering if there is any program, agency, organization or charity that could help her out. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Jean Smith

Post by Jean Smith »

I am a disabled woman. I receive social security disability but I only receive $425.00 a month. I am in dire need of rent and utility assistance. I signed up for section 8 housing but I am on a waiting list. If possible I would love to get some sort of assistance with housing. Please help me! I am facing eviction as we speak but my landlord would gladly take a payment of any sort. Thank you.