Working full time in Missouri can't pay the security deposit

Find how to get help with rent
Stray Han
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Working full time in Missouri can't pay the security deposit

Post by Stray Han »

I am currently expecting my first child. I rent a room in Saint Louis Missouri and there is mold airing through my vent from the basement. The vent is where I lay my head and every time I come home from work I get a headache a few minutes after getting home. I have had two prior miscarriages and do not want to risk another one.
There is one shared bathroom here but 12 people live in this house. There is no heat. There is nobody taking out trash. The house also has bugs. I work full time but cannot afford to pay the deposit requirements especially when I pay 600 a month for this room. A lady responded to me and said she would let me move in for one months rent due to my circumstances but with me paying weekly for this room I cannot afford the entire amount in time before someone else grabs it.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Working full time in Missouri can't pay the security dep

Post by Admin »

Congratulations to you for working full time and sounds like really trying to improve your situation and housing. The lady sounds generous in that she is trying to help you out. Can she negotiate a payment plan with you for the security deposit? If not, there are other government programs in Missouri that you may be covered by since you are working and have a source of income. Locate security deposit help in Missouri.
Yolanda1

Re: Working full time in Missouri can't pay the security dep

Post by Yolanda1 »

Hello,
I am moving to St Charles, MO. I would like specific information about public housing as well as security deposit programs such as Certain Development vouchers & housing choice vouchers. Please contact Public Housing Agency. I am on Disability and have been on it since 2003. My mom lives in St. Charles and is having mini strokes all the time and has a brain tumor. So I really want to be closer. I'm 45 years old and have 3 grown children, one who lives in St. Louis.
I would appreciate any information or security deposit help you can give me. I am also probably facing eviction in the next month or so, I want to move as soon as possible.
When I was married we public housing and my ex never paid them monies owed, so my local HA in Hannibal MO isn't very helpful. We did file bankruptcy after that but they say it is still owed. I live in a 3 room apartment now for elderly & disabled, and it is very, very small & crowded. I was in the US Air Force too. So this some of the reasons I am moving to St. Charles, MO.
Thank You.
Minnymouse101

Re: Working full time in Missouri can't pay the security deposit

Post by Minnymouse101 »

Hello,
I am currently living in Branson, MO but due to my severe Traumatic Brain Injury, my pregnant wife and I need to relocate to Lincoln, NE so I can receive certain medical treatment. I have a Section 8 housing voucher that is being ported to LHA and we have a "handicap accessible" townhouse which is available July 1, 2016 which my wife and I are trying to move into. The only thing holding us back right now is coming up with the $1,300 deposit. Can someone please contact me from your office to explain to me how I can apply for a ONE TIME financial assistance for the deposit on the townhouse?
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Working full time in Missouri can't pay the security deposit

Post by Admin »

Branson Missouri is in Taney County, and there are programs that provide financial aid for housing, security deposits, and more. They will also have lists of handicap and disabled housing. In fact, any local landlord that uses vouchers from section 8 or another government programs will need to ensure they have units for rent. Find that information here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
Minnymouse101 wrote:Hello,
I am currently living in Branson, MO but due to my severe Traumatic Brain Injury, my pregnant wife and I need to relocate to Lincoln, NE so I can receive certain medical treatment. I have a Section 8 housing voucher that is being ported to LHA and we have a "handicap accessible" townhouse which is available July 1, 2016 which my wife and I are trying to move into. The only thing holding us back right now is coming up with the $1,300 deposit. Can someone please contact me from your office to explain to me how I can apply for a ONE TIME financial assistance for the deposit on the townhouse?
Thank you,