Elderly in California

State and local government assistance programs.
vianey
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Elderly in California

Post by vianey »

My mother is 82 and disabled, diabetic, high-blood press, dementia getting worse. I live with her in her home and unfortunately her SSI is our only income at present and for the last 2 years. Yesterday I went to the city of Woodland, California utility office with 245.00 on a bill amount due of 402.99, letting them know I could have another 100.00 by Friday the 13th. They said we have had all the extensions we are allowed. We are out of time. What does California have for seniors?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Elderly in California

Post by Admin »

Well, what you are asking for (help with your electric bills) is offered from the city, payment extensions from your energy company and programs such as LIHEAP. There is not really anything specifically for seniors. If you make partial payments on time, such as that $100, then the company may work with you. But you need to show good faith effort. The aging programs in California are here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... aging.html
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I am in desperate need of rental assistance. I recently separate from my 2 year old and 3 year old daughters' father and as he left our income left. My senior parents over the age of 73 are no sick too. I’m now 2 months late on my rent of 632 for total of $1264 and have zero cash in my pocket. I’ve gone and contacted several agencies but have not found any help and I’m totally stressing.
Now if that wasn’t enough I’m also having car problems and need to repair catyalic converter on my 2003 Nissan Altima. And to top it all I have no cash and don’t not able to get the necessary things like diapers, toilet paper, dish soap, detergent or any other everyday needs, or care for my elder parents. I’m embarrassed to even face my landlord anymore. I’m terrified to think of being evicted and become homeless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The programs for your elderly parents will not normally help with rent. They offer other types of support, such as meal, clothing, companionship, and the like. But maybe they have referrals to other agencies in Los Angeles for those financial needs. It is worth a shot in asking them. There may also be some subsidized housing for seniors in the region, and find all of the aging programs here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tment.html
Carly

Post by Carly »

To home it may concern,
I am in a bind. Where I have been residing in Palm Springs California over year, informed the house going into foreclosure unfortunately. I have to find place to move soon, and being elderly, 59 on SSI low income of 889.00 per month, finding it quite a frustrating dilemma to find something and pay the deposit. Is it possible in anyway get assistance and find place. Good references. Also, place where I could rent a car without leaving 250.00 deposit with car rental place, as all I have is my wells Fargo visa debit card for checking and savings. It’s hard to walk and no longer be in the sun due to skin cancers. Appreciate so much if you could assist me and give advice. ASAP. Don’t want to wait until last minute!! Appreciate your time. Look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely,
Gourmet

Post by Gourmet »

I'm a 61 year disabled Old female. I'm disabled and need help with finding a place to live in Modesto, CA. I'm dealing with chronic pain/fatigue and other health conditions. I'm on social security disability. I only get 1,000 dollars a month. Would need to have my 4 year Old be able to stay with me a few times a month because of shared custody with her father. Thank You!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many disability programs and resources for senior citizens too. Find a bunch of Stanislaus County assistance programs. But only $1000 month is not much money, and you may need to live with someone else or look at other options.
Gourmet wrote:I'm a 61 year disabled Old female. I'm disabled and need help with finding a place to live in Modesto, CA. I'm dealing with chronic pain/fatigue and other health conditions. I'm on social security disability. I only get 1,000 dollars a month. Would need to have my 4 year Old be able to stay with me a few times a month because of shared custody with her father. Thank You!