Idaho help from medical issue

State and local government assistance programs.
like1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Idaho help from medical issue

Post by like1 »

Last year I had to take medical leave for Breast
Cancer Treatment from June to December 2009. My employer could not hold my job that long so I had to apply for Unemployment Benefits in January 2010. My benefits will be exhausted mid July 2010. According to Idaho's Dept of Labor those on regular unemployment that exhaust their benefits the cutoff date was May 22, 2010. That means I don't qualify for Extended Unemployment benefits. I am 61 yrs old and won't qualify for Social Security Benefits until late november and wouldn't receive the first check until January 2011. I'm to old for welfare... What is to happen to those who fall through the cracks??? I am afraid I will be homeless in 4 to 6 weeks
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Idaho help from medical issue

Post by Admin »

In Idaho, try this programs and free services. One is offered byClearwater Power Company, and is called the Helping Hand Program. The program was created by the Co-op, and the goal of the the Helping Hand Program to assist low and fixed income, elderly, asnd other struggling households and those with unexpected crisis and emergencies. Dial 208-743-1501

Another is offered by Idaho Power Company. It is called Project Share. The program is administered through the Idaho local Salvation Army branches, and the Project Share program is available year round to help those who cannot pay winter heating bills, rent, and other expenses due to illness, disability, age, job loss or unemployment. Call your salvation army branch and ask them about this.

Also, here is info on assistance programs in Idaho.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html