I need help please

State and local government assistance programs.
Johnston
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I need help please

Post by Johnston »

I am a single mom of a 9 year old little girl. My boyfriend just left us 2 days before Christmas and I am a wreck. Im looking for someone to talk to. I have no insurance and I just feel like I need to talk to someone. I feel very sad, depressed and like its effecting my daughter. I also feel like I sometimes take it out on her. My ex boyfriend left and im stuck paying all our bills rent is 750, power is 195 and my water is 29.00. I have no clue what im going to do. I have a job and only work 3 nights a week. I feel like were going to be homeless very soon. I just need help please. I cant drive my license is suspended and we are stuck in the house 24/7. I feel like im going crazy. If you please have any information for me where I can get free counseling in Pensacola Florida and maybe help with my bills just for one month so I can stay on my feet and keep our house. Im begging for help. Please write me back
Thank you for listening to me,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: I need help please

Post by Admin »

Not much I can do on the counseling for your boyfriend leaving, but can direct you to help for bills. Here is a resource for you.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/esc ... e_pro.html
Some of the options to look into include FavorHouse of Northwest Florida (850- 434-1177) as well as Catholic Charities (850-435-3516). They may not only be able to help with those bills, but maybe they can provide you counseling. Sorry to hear about the boyfriend leaving.
CatLady

Post by CatLady »

I am in desperate need of assistance with my bills. Chicago, Cook County, Illinois. The local utility company Illinois Valley can assist with my power bill, but they have NO information on help with my water bill. This year is worse than its ever been. We are 2 months late with our house payment (contract for deed), 3 months behind on power bill, and six month with water! The City has sent out notice of disconnection twice in the past two weeks!!! Help!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Water bill assistance is not common, but look into the Cook County assistance programs and social service agencies. Many forms of financial assistance and aid may be provided to the low income. Also be sure to pay your mortgage too, and on that link you will find information on ways to get foreclosure help in Cook County too.
CatLady wrote:I am in desperate need of assistance with my bills. Chicago, Cook County, Illinois. The local utility company Illinois Valley can assist with my power bill, but they have NO information on help with my water bill. This year is worse than its ever been. We are 2 months late with our house payment (contract for deed), 3 months behind on power bill, and six month with water! The City has sent out notice of disconnection twice in the past two weeks!!! Help!!!
Bob_Pisana

Post by Bob_Pisana »

I am 75 years old and I am trying to help my grandson who has a wife and 4 children the oldest is 15. He is unable to work due to a serious medical condition. He lost his job in November of 2011,his wife is going to school to be an electrician, she will finish in June of this year. They live in my house and my bills have eat my railroad retirement up. I for the first time got behind in my bills. I made the biggest mistake of my life when I went to the cash store and got a loan. They get food stamps and they do not last. He gets a small check from Texas unemployment unemployment and this was cut in half last month,I got behind last two months and I can not get caught up. I also have a daughter in law who has terminal cancer and I have been paying his lights,water.and gas I am not asking for much $600.00 would get this old woman back on track. Thank you for letting me cry on your ear.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a lot to deal with. For the medical issues, which are always most important as if you don't have your health, you do not have anything, we have information on assistance, even for people who are terminally ill. Click here for an extensive listing and information on our medical programs. So may even provide funds or grants to pay rent or other bills while the medical condition is worked through. Also if you have a pension, do you qualify for SSI too? That may be some extra cash for you.
Socgel

Post by Socgel »

I am writing to you request help! My family is in crisis. We live in Worcester, MA. We are on transitional assistance (welfare) and we receive food stamps but we can not make ends meet. We have lost our house to foreclosure, and will find out on Nov, 22nd how much time we have left in our home. We don't have anywhere to go. My family consists of my husband 55, myself 452, and our 4 year old daughter and a son. In the mean while; our water bill is way over due and we just received a notice that our water will be shut off on November 30th. We owe the Fire District $263.53. If you could help us with this we would be very grateful. Our Verizon telephone, internet, and TV will be turned off on the 28TH. We have to give them ($207.00 plus back money of $268.68) for a total of $474.78. Our electric bill is also due $97.00 that is a current bill Just to add insult to injury our old Ford truck (our only car) is falling apart and will not past inspection which is due this month! I just started working part time 15 hours a week and both my husband and I have been looking for work for over two years. Can you help us with the water bill PLEASE?? Thank you for taking the time to read my plea.
Chavez2

Post by Chavez2 »

My husband and I separated but after I moved to Hattiesburg, MS we decided to work on marriage. It did not work out so he moved back home. I am paying $710 in rent in which I have been struggling with since he left. Earlier this month I received a eviction notice but I paid the rent before I received the notice. I need some help with my rent and utilities. I am a graduate with a Liberal Arts Degree. I have been applying for jobs but no one hires me. I am trying to keep this apartment because my child and I need a place to live.
Martin10

Post by Martin10 »

I have 4 children, 10, 15, 4, & 3. I have been through 2 marriages, the first who is the dad to my two boys was very abusive physical and mental. I then hurried and got married for a second time to the father of my girls, the 6 & 3 year old. I think it was just to fast after my first marriage and it also didn't work out in the mist of all this. My parents was there for me, well so I thought, every time I seem to try to better myself I would get knocked down by my parents.
I recently have been diagnosed with lupus and I am now just called lazy by them. I have tried getting my credit good so I can go on my own but every time I get a little ahead I get knocked back down. But I was asked today to move out and the car I was using I am not able to anymore and I also have to find a home for my family. Can you please help me?
JJJudy

Post by JJJudy »

We would like to see if we can get any assistance possible as soon as possible. I became ill in October 2016, after working with my last employer well over ten years. I was receiving CA State Disability when it ended in October 2017. My long term disability is pending. My husband (a Veteran) was let go after 20 years with former employer due to reduction in work force. He was receiving short term disability until December 2017. We then started receiving food stamps which has helped our family some. The only income we currently have is my husband’s VA pension which is $263.23 a month.
Our home of 25 years is in foreclosure. HUD could not help us, stating short term disability was not an income they could count. (But unemployment was). We then turned to the VA. We did get a Certificate of Eligibility for re-financing but we waited too long. The home was already in foreclosure.
We have shut off notices for PGE and water. They are giving us a few days but we have no income. This week, both my husband and I went and signed up for general relief because of no income. This is pending. We have no money for transportation and other basic household needs.
My daughter attends UCLA and had to get loans and my son as well who attends Fresno City had to get loans. They were not eligible for financial aid due to previous years of both my husband and my income when working.
It's been very difficult for all of us. We can just pray things will get better. Any assistance will help.
Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are a number of disability assistance programs in California. But why is your long term ending? If it is, then does that mean you should be working? If so, then we also have information on job training and placement services on the website too.
JJJudy wrote:I was receiving CA State Disability when it ended in October 2017. My long term disability is pending. My husband (a Veteran) was let go after 20 years with former employer due to reduction in work force. He was receiving short term disability until December 2017. We then started receiving food stamps which has helped our family some. The only income we currently have is my husband’s VA pension which is $263.23 a month.
Thank you