Rent Assistance Needed in Texas

Find how to get help with rent
brodyman
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rent Assistance Needed in Texas

Post by brodyman »

Hello everyone,

I am 21 years old and I am currently seeking rent assistance for the month, and possibly next 3 months. I live in College Station, Texas. I am part of the Brazos County of Texas. I was a student, and due to some financial matters, losing a job, and not getting a student loan processed on time, I was not able to be a student this Fall and receive the loan I desired. This has put me in a great financial bind. I am pretty much on my own as my parents can not afford to pay anything for me. I am to receive a new student loan this coming spring semester as I am enrolled. The only problem between now and then is surviving and getting rent paid so I can get that loan and be on my way with education and living. I have been searching for a job but its not coming as soon as I would of liked. Rent is due, and I dont want to be come a young homeless ex-student. I cant simply go back home, I cant afford to even drive home, nor can my parents support me. Can anyone assist me in a direction to help me find a way to come up with rent money?

Thank you
LyndaSteel

Re: Rent Assistance Needed in Texas

Post by LyndaSteel »

Am needing information for Arlington,Texas,where I can get temporary help with paying rent or a portion, I am on a fixed income (disability) but found an apartment I can afford if I can get help getting started. Thank You
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

You can usually find rent assistance for a few months or so, as what it sounds like you are looking for. And students can usually get help as well. The main site has information on rent assistance programs, and also information on student aid. Try this service. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html Then try calling the following places and ask to apply or for help.
Brazos Valley Community Action Agency, phone number (979) 846-1100. They run a crisis or emergency financial / rent help program.
Another non-profit or charity agency is the Brazos Valley Food Bank, phone (979) 779-3663
brodyman wrote:Hello everyone,

I am 21 years old and I am currently seeking rent assistance for the month, and possibly next 3 months. I live in College Station, Texas. I am part of the Brazos County of Texas. I was a student, and due to some financial matters, losing a job, and not getting a student loan processed on time, I was not able to be a student this Fall and receive the loan I desired. This has put me in a great financial bind. I am pretty much on my own as my parents can not afford to pay anything for me. I am to receive a new student loan this coming spring semester as I am enrolled. The only problem between now and then is surviving and getting rent paid so I can get that loan and be on my way with education and living. I have been searching for a job but its not coming as soon as I would of liked. Rent is due, and I dont want to be come a young homeless ex-student. I cant simply go back home, I cant afford to even drive home, nor can my parents support me. Can anyone assist me in a direction to help me find a way to come up with rent money?

Thank you
Androsemom

Post by Androsemom »

Hi i get social security benefits and i need help in renting a apartment in my area in Texas. So far I payed the $25.00 application fee and i have enough money to pay the first months rent. i just need help paying the $200.00 security deposit can u please help me its an emergency. The apartment i stay in now i was suppose to been out by 09/30/2011 do to my lease being up and i need help paying the security deposit at this new place im looking at so please can some one help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You did not mention what area you live in Texas. Some housing programs can help pay security deposits, but you will need to call around. Look into the homeless prevention and rapid rehousing program, which was created from stimulus funds. That may be your best option. Find more information on Texas housing assistance here, http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/tex ... grams.html
All cities are listed.

Androsemom wrote:Hi i get social security benefits and i need help in renting a apartment in my area in Texas. So far I payed the $25.00 application fee and i have enough money to pay the first months rent. i just need help paying the $200.00 security deposit can u please help me its an emergency. The apartment i stay in now i was suppose to been out by 09/30/2011 do to my lease being up and i need help paying the security deposit at this new place im looking at so please can some one help me.
Tebowing

Post by Tebowing »

I am 18 and my mother kicked me out the house. i been living off friends and jumping around from house to house almost every night. im trying to find a job but its hard. I heard that you all can help people like me. I want to get my own place and i heard yall can help pay for like the first 3 months of rent. so if you all can find me a place in Arlington Texas and help me out with that i would greatly appreciate it. I need money for the security deposit, the movers, and the first months rent. And when things start going good for me i can you all back...
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can't help, but we can provide information and phone numbers of places that may be able to help with first months rent, deposits, and other housing assistance. So may even have money for those moving expenses too. Find that Tarrant County assistance programs and non-profit agencies to call for information and guidance.

Tebowing wrote:I am 18 and my mother kicked me out the house. i been living off friends and jumping around from house to house almost every night. im trying to find a job but its hard. I heard that you all can help people like me. I want to get my own place and i heard yall can help pay for like the first 3 months of rent. so if you all can find me a place in Arlington Texas and help me out with that i would greatly appreciate it. I need money for the security deposit, the movers, and the first months rent. And when things start going good for me i can you all back...
GlennFord

Post by GlennFord »

I recently got clean and my boyfriend just lost his job, went to rehab and he is most likely going to jail. I am in Dallas Texas. I am on social security disability and I have a 4 year old son that lives with me and I am one month behind on my rent which wouldn’t have been a problem but my boyfriend lost his job and he was going to pay the back rent and we would have been bought up. I am at a loss of what to do right now. Please help.
Conan12

Post by Conan12 »

I live near Waco Texas. Was evicted from my apartment 2 weeks ago. I moved in With my cousin. But he has no water. His 4 year old is on SSI and income is Very small and limited. I just finished school. And lost my job 8 days ago due to my home health client passed away. Looking for resources to help get water turned on and rent paid, due to our kids need to be able to sleep at home.
JackieB

Post by JackieB »

I am 20 years old and in need of help to pay my first month rent coming up in 2 weeks. I just recently moved to Texas from Ohio. I’ve been here since August living with my dad. We shared a one bedroom an had a six month lease together. Well the lease was up May 28th an I ended up spending over three thousand dollars on hotel, gas, food, laundry. I also racked up a 2000 dollar debt on my car from getting title loans here and there so we could get by. We meaning me and my girlfriend and her little sister. They are 24 and 21 an they also recently moved here in August from New York but from February 27th til April 7th I was in motel 6 even had to sleep in my car a couple nights. I had to quit my job with Dell on May 31st because I couldn’t afford gas to get back and fourth. I used my last paycheck and pay stub to move into my apartment that I am currently living in now and have been since July 8th. Rent is due on the first and I have now way to pay rent. I have been applying for different jobs but no luck so far. I applied and got approved for food stamps on August 13th it was one hundred and thirty three dollars. I need help with this months rent which is due on September 1st. The rent will be 435$.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, without that second income (or hope of one) many Dallas County agencies won't provide rent help, as it would be never ending. Maybe they have suggestions for you though. There are churches, charities, and other non-profits to try in the county for support and advice, so start calling around! Find Dallas rent assistance.
Trader

Post by Trader »

Recently just moved to this area in Houston and decided to stay with my dad until I found myself a place. Last month I thankfully found myself a place and my rent is 350 a month. I've yet to find a job, just having difficulties with transportation. My rent is due today and have absolutely no options on how I am going to get this handled. I'm 19 years old, and currently living by myself now.
Combs

Post by Combs »

We have hit a hard ship. My husband has been in and out of the hospital in el Paso Texas and I have lost my father who lived in me. With traveling and my husband being in the hospital it has put a strain on us. Our rent is behind and we are facing eviction. I am asking for any help that can be offered. We are in a desperate situation. And right at Christmas time. Please help. Sincerely,